Review of Political Parties, Party Systems, and Democratization in East Asia, in Democratization, 2012, 19:1, 152-155.
Review of Living with the Dragon: How the American
Public Views the Rise of China. Asian Affairs: An
American Review. 39 (3): 176-177.
Review of China, the Developing World, and the New Global Dynamic, in American Journal of Chinese Studies, 19:2, 501-502.
Review of The Beijing Consensus: How China s Authoritarian Model Will Dominate the Twenty-First Century, in International Journal of China Studies, 2011 2:1, 117-121.
AREAS OF RESEARCH
(Project title), (Role), (From)-(Until), (Source), (Level).
THE CHINA MODEL: IMPLICATIONS OF THE
CONTEMPORARY RISE OF CHINA, Co-Investigator, 2013-2015, HIR
Cemetry and Land Scarcity in Kuala Lumpur:
of Cultural and Economic Values in Development., Co-Investigator, 2013-2014, Geran Penyelidikan Universiti Malaya (UMRG), National
Cross-national Study of China Studies
Intellectual Communities: Oral Intellectual
History of Malaysian China Studies .(National
Taiwan University), Principal Investigator(PI), 2012-2013, National Taiwan University, International
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
(Name of Award), (Awarding Institution), (Year Awarded), (Level).
Begich Scholarship, Department of Political Science, St. Cloud State University, 2001, (DEPARTMENT)
Caldecott Scholarship, Department of Political Science, St. Cloud State University, 2001, (DEPARTMENT)
Dissertation Writing Fellowship, Northeastern University, 2009, (UNIVERSITY)
Summa cum Laude, St. Cloud State University, 2002, (UNIVERSITY)
Travel Research Grant, Center for Emerging Markets, Northeastern University, 2009, (INTERNATIONAL)
(Title), (Event), (Date Presented), (Organiser), (Level).
- Building Mutual Trust and Promoting Political and Security Cooperation between ASEAN and China: A Malaysian Perspective, NACT (Network of ASEAN-China Think Tanks) Seminar on Building an ASEAN-China Community of Common Destiny,, 04 Jul 2014 to 04 Jul 2014, China Foreign Affairs University, (International)
- The Rise of China from the Malaysian Perspective, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) Malaysian Armed Defenses College (MPAT) Joint Seminar on The Rise of China: Political, Economic, and Strategic Perspectives,, 06 Jul 2011, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) Malaysian Armed Defenses College (MPAT), (National)
- Chinese Soft Footprints in Malaysia, Chinese Soft Footprints in Southeast Asia, 14 Jun 2013 to 15 Jun 2013, Southeast Asian Studies Regional Exchange Program (SEASREP) Foundation and Institute of International Relations, National Chengchi University, (International)
- Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between Malaysia and China: How Should We Understand the Relationship, Forum on Forty Years of Malaysia-China Diplomatic Relations, 16 Nov 2014 to 16 Nov 2014, Penang Branch of Malaysia-China Chamber of Commerce, (National)
- Development of Defense Ties between Malaysia and China: 1991-present, Public Seminar on Malaysia-China Relations in conjunction with the 40th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between Malaysia and China, 19 May 2014 to 19 May 2014, Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs, Malaysia-China Friendship Association, and Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya, (National)
- China Leadership Transition 2013, China Leadership Transition 2013, 27 Mar 2013 to 27 Mar 2013, PTD Alumni (Administrative and Diplomatic Service Officers Alumni Association) and INTAN,, (National)
- Liu Xiaobo and the Development of Chinese-Style Democracy, Liu Xiaobo s Peace Prize: China s Democratic Breakthrough?, 29 Oct 2010, Civil Rights Committee of the Selangor and Kuala Lumpur Chinese Assembly Hall Association, (National)
- Community Party Building in Urban China, International Conference on Growth, Governance and Equity: Exploring the Social Implications of China s Economic Transformation, 01 Jun 2011, Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya, (International)
- Pursuing Chinese Studies Admist Identity Politics in Malaysia, Retrieval or Revival: Evolving Chinese Studies/China Studies in the 21st Century Southeast Asia Conference, 02 Sep 2013 to 03 Sep 2013, Guangxi Academy of Social Sciences, (International)
- Changing Views of Elections in China, Conference on Local Government Innovation in China, 03 Dec 2011, Institute of Contemporary Chinese Politics, Shenzhen University, (International)
- Is It All Too Bad to Return to Marx? Marxism and Reform at the Central Compilation and Translation Bureau., From Hu-Wen to Xi-Li Administration: China s Leadership Transition and Its Domestic and International Implications Conference, 12 Sep 2013 to 13 Sep 2013, Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya, (International)
- The Political Economy of China s Economic Presence in Malaysia, China s Soft Power in Southeast Asia Workshop, 13 Feb 2014 to 14 Feb 2014, Southeast Asian Studies Regional Exchange Programme, (International)
- Institutional Innovations: Governance in Grassroots Urban China, International Political Science Conference, 13 Jul 2009, International Political Science Association, (International)
- Chinese-Style Democracy and Grassroots Urban Governance: Homeowners Committees as Emerging Civil Society Organizations, International Conference on Chinese-Style Democracy, 14 Nov 2009, Wuhan University, China, (International)
- Issues in Community (Shequ) Elections in Urban China: An Analysis of Election Procedures, The 51st American Association for Chinese Studies Conference (AACS) Conference, 18 Oct 2009, American Association for Chinese Studies, (International)
- Intellectual-State Relations in Contemporary China, The 47th American Association for Chinese Studies Conference, 21 Oct 2005, American Association for Chinese Studies, (International)
- Dynamics of Civil-Military Relations and Praetorianism: A Funnel of Causality Model ., 61st New England Political Science Association Conference, 23 Apr 2010, New England Political Science Association, (International)
- Cross-Straits Relations at the Local Level: Relationship between Xiamen and Kinmen, Democracy in Taiwan: Looking at the 2012 Elections Conference, 24 Oct 2013 to 25 Oct 2013, Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya, (International)
- Peninsular Malaysia's Chinese Studies, Workshop on Oral History of Chinese Studies in Southeast Asia, 26 Jul 2012 to 27 Jul 2012, Department of Political Science, National Taiwan University, (International)
- Barisan Nasional and the Chinese Communist Party: A Preliminary Analysis of Party-to-Party Diplomacy between Malaysia and China, International Conference on Malaysia, China, and the Asia-Pacific Region in the 21st Century,, 29 Oct 2014 to 30 Dec 2014, Institute of China Studies and Kong Zi Institute of the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, (International)
- Plenary Session Chair on Chinese Society in Malaysia, The Inaugural Biennial Conference on Malaysian Chinese Studies, 09 Jun 2012 to 10 Jun 2012, Centre for Malaysian Chinese Studies, (International)
Post Graduate Level
(Name of Degree), (Name of Candidates), (Title of Thesis), (Academic Session)
Masters Degree, Haji Md Fauzi Bin Saleh, Analyzing the Enduring Continuity in China's DPRK Policy: An Explanation of Two Case Studies, 2010/2011
Masters Degree, Ahmad Zameri Bin Dzulkifli, Malaysia-China Defense Relations, 2011/2012