DR. SAW SHIER NEE
- Department of Artificial Intelligence
Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
Dr. Saw received her B. Eng in Biomedical Engineering (University of Malaya, UM) in 2013. In 2015, Dr. Saw received the President Graduate Fellowship, from National University of Singapore (NUS) to pursue her doctorate degree. Her doctoral thesis, which uses biomechanics to understand pregnancy disease which can help to improve diagnosis and disease management, was supervised by Dr. Choon Hwai Yap.
Following this, Dr. Saw completed two years of postdoctoral training in Bioinformatics Institute, Agency of Science Technology and Research (BII, A*STAR) with Dr. Hwee Kuan Lee. Researching the cutting edge of technology - Artificial Intelligence on various healthcare problems with an aim to improve disease detection and management.
Dr. Saw has since returned to University of Malaya to continue researching superior ways in improving disease management using machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- PhD, KEJURUTERAAN BIOPERUBATAN, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- BBMedEng, KEJURUTERAAN BIOPERUBATAN, UNIVERSITI MALAYA (UM)
- Board of Engineers Malaysia, Graduate Engineer, 2020 to present (National)
(Title of publication in APA style)
- Saw, S. N., Biswas, A., Mattar, C. N. Z., Lee, H. K., & Yap, C. H. (2021). Machine learning improves early prediction of small-for-gestational-age births and reveals nuchal fold thickness as unexpected predictor. Prenatal Diagnosis, 41(4), 505-516. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1002/pd.5903 (WoS)
- *Park, S., *Saw, S. N., *Li, X., Paknezhad, M., Coppola, D., Dinish, U. S., Ebrahim Attia, A. B., Yew, Y. W., Guan Thng, S. T., Lee, H. K., & Olivo, M. (2021). Model learning analysis of 3D optoacoustic mesoscopy images for the classification of atopic dermatitis. Biomedical Optics Express, 12(6), 3671-3683. https://doi.org/10.1364/BOE.415105 *co-first author (WoS)
- Tun, W. M., Yap, C. H., Saw, S. N., James, J. L., & Clark, A. R. (2019). Differences in placental capillary shear stress in fetal growth restriction may affect endothelial cell function and vascular network formation. Scientific Reports, 9(1), 9876. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-46151-6 (WoS)
- Saw, S. N., Tay, J. J. H., Poh, Y. W., Yang, L., Tan, W. C., Tan, L. K., Clark, A., Biswas, A., Mattar, C. N. Z., & Yap, C. H. (2018). Altered Placental Chorionic Arterial Biomechanical Properties During Intrauterine Growth Restriction. Scientific Reports, 8(1), 16526. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-34834-5 (WoS)
- Saw, S. N., Poh, Y. W., Chia, D., Biswas, A., Mattar, C. N. Z., & Yap, C. H. (2018). Characterization of the hemodynamic wall shear stresses in human umbilical vessels from normal and intrauterine growth restricted pregnancies [journal article]. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10237-018-1017-8 (WoS)
- Saw, S. N., Low, J. Y. R., Ong, M. H. H., Poh, Y. W., Mattar, C. N. Z., Biswas, A., & Yap, C. H. (2018). Hyperelastic Mechanical Properties of Ex Vivo Normal and Intrauterine Growth Restricted Placenta. Ann Biomed Eng. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10439-018-2019-5 (WoS)
- Saw, S. N., Low, J. Y. R., Mattar, C. N. Z., Biswas, A., Chen, L., & Yap, C. H. (2018). Motorizing and Optimizing Ultrasound Strain Elastography for Detection of Intrauterine Growth Restriction Pregnancies. Ultrasound Med Biol, 44(3), 532-543. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2017.12.007 (WoS)
- Saw, S. N., Dawn, C., Biswas, A., Mattar, C. N. Z., & Yap, C. H. (2017). Characterization of the in vivo wall shear stress environment of human fetus umbilical arteries and veins. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 16(1), 197-211. (WoS)
- Lau, J. S., Saw, S. N., Buist, M. L., Biswas, A., Zaini Mattar, C. N., & Yap, C. H. (2016). Mechanical testing and non-linear viscoelastic modelling of the human placenta in normal and growth restricted pregnancies. Journal of Biomechanics, 49(2), 173-184. https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2015.11.055 (WoS)
(Name of Award/Stewardship),(Awarding Institution),(Year Awarded),(Type of Award)
- World Council of Biomechanics (WCB, 2018) Student Bursary Award, World Council of Biomechanics (WCB, 2018), 2018 (RESEARCH)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Career Development Award, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), 2018 (RESEARCH)
- President s Graduate Fellowship, Singapore, Singapore, 2015 (EDUCATION)