DR. RAMA KRISHNA A/L SUPRAMANIAN
- Department of Social and Preventive Medicine
Faculty of Medicine
Dr Rama is a Public Health Medicine Specialist and Occupational Health Physician with experience in the field of occupational health and occupational medicine. He has provided essential occupational health services to various job sectors while serving under the Department of Occupational Safety (DOSH) before pursuing postgraduate studies. He completed his training under the Faculty of Occupational Medicine - Royal College of Physicians Ireland (RCPI) and obtained the Licentiateship of Faculty of Occupational Medicine (LFOM) in 2015. Following that he completed his Master of Public Health (MPH) with distinction and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) at University of Malaya in 2019. His thesis was titled “Development and evaluation of a hearing conservation programme (HCP) among vector control workers”. After graduating, he returned to serve the Ministry of Health under the Selangor State Health Department and subsequently joined the Occupational and Environmental Health Sector in Putrajaya.
Currently he is medical lecturer and occupational health physician at the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine. His area of interest and expertise mainly includes risk assessment at workplaces, conducting medical surveillance and implementation of occupational disease prevention programs at workplace. He is also a Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certified researcher with research interest in strategies to prevent noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) including hearing conservation programs.
- SUPERVISOR, University Malaya, 10/11/2022 to present
- PROGRAMME COORDINATOR, University Malaya, 01/03/2022 to present
- DrPH, PUBLIC HEALTH, UNIVERSITI MALAYA (UM)
- M.PH, PUBLIC HEALTH, UNIVERSITI MALAYA (UM)
- LFOM, MEDICINE, ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS, IRELAND
- M.D, MEDICINE, UNIVERSITI GADJAH MADA, INDONESIA
- Society of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (SOEM) , Committee Member, 2021 to 2022 (National)
- National Specialist Registry (NSR), Member, Since 2021 (National)
- Malaysian Society of Occupational Health Doctors (MSOHD), Member, Since 2019 (National)
- Malaysian Medical Association (MMA), Member, Since 2011 (National)
(Course Title),(Level of Study),(Institution),(Academic Session)
(Title of publication in APA style)
- Supramanian, R. K., Isahak, M., & Hairi, N. N. (2020). The effective strategies to prevent noise-induced hearing loss: A systematic review. ASM Science Journal, 13(Specialissue5), 112-126.
- Lodz, N. A., Lin, C. Z., Shakira, W., Hasani, R., Ahmad, N. A., Haryati, F., Rifin, H. M., Ganapathy, S. S., Liana, N., Majid, A., Adilah, N., Hafizuddin, M., Ramli, T., Zakiman, Z., Talib, S., & Cheng, L. S. (2022). Cluster of COVID-19 Cases in a Workplace : the First Cluster of a Workplace- related Outbreak in Malaysia , 2020. 15(1), 7 14.
- Supramanian, R. K., Sivaratnam, L., Abd Rahim, A., Abidin, N. D. I. Z., Richai, O., Zakiman, Z., ... & Yusof, M. P. (2021). Descriptive epidemiology of the first wave of COVID-19 in Petaling District, Malaysia: Focus on asymptomatic transmission. Western Pacific Surveillance and Response Journal: WPSAR, 12(2), 82.
- R.K. Supramanian , Priya Ragunath (2022) Garis Panduan KOSPEN WOW. Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia.
(Title of Thesis),(Name of Candidates),(Institution),(Academic Level)
- , Ellappa Ghanthan a/l Rajendran, University of Malaya (PhD)
- , guganesan a/l krishnanmoorthy, University of Malaya (PhD)
(Name of Award/Stewardship),(Awarding Institution),(Year Awarded),(Type of Award)
- Outstanding Staff Award Certificate, Kuala Pilah District Health Office, 2020 (GENERAL ACHIEVEMENTS)