PROF. DR. NUR AISHAH BINTI MOHD TAIB
- Department of Surgery
Faculty of Medicine
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
SURGERYBreast Surgery Consultant
CLINICAL MEDICINEBreast Surgical Oncology
Clinical Observation, (Endocrine Surgery)University of Wisconsin, Madison
GradDipGenetCounsel(CSU,Australia)(2010), (Genetic Counselling)Charles Sturt University, Australia
Clinical Observation(USA)(2008), (Breast Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology and Palliative Care, Md Anderson Cancer Centre)University of Texas, Usa
MSurg(UM)(2001), (Breast Surgery)Universiti Malaya (UM)
MRCS(Edin)(2000), (Surgery)Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
MBBS(UM)(1995), (Medicine, Obstetrics and Surgery)Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Head02 Jan 2023 - present (Universiti Malaya)
- Project Leader01 Nov 2021 - 31 Dec 2023 (International)
- Ahli Jawatankuasa `Focal Group discussion (FGD) Reducing disease Burden for Non-communicable Disease04 Mar 2014 - present (National)
- Life member Malaysian Oncological Society05 Aug 2013 - present (National)
- Team Leader quality improvement team (QIT)23 Sep 2014 - present (University Malaya)
- Document Manager01 Nov 2011 - present (University Malaya)
- Project Leader01 Mar 2022 - 31 Dec 2023 (National)
- Chairman07 Aug 2020 - 31 Dec 2023 (University Malaya)
- Document Manager01 Oct 2010 - present (Faculty)
- Committee Members23 Jan 2022 - 22 Jan 2024 (National)
- Committee Members01 Nov 2020 - 31 Oct 2024 (International)
- Chairman09 Sep 2021 - 31 Dec 2024 (National)
- Project Leader01 Nov 2018 - 31 Dec 2024 (International)
- Committee Members01 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2024 (National)
- Committee Members08 Sep 2021 - 31 Dec 2024 (International)
- Head01 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022 (Universiti Malaya)
- Pengerusi Jawatankuasa UMMC Cancer Registry06 Oct 2020 - 30 Nov 2021 (University Malaya)
- Head01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020 (Universiti Malaya)
- Head Coordinator13 Jun 2018 - 13 Jun 2019 (University Malaya)
- Coordinator01 Dec 2017 - 01 Dec 2018 (University Malaya)
- eMR Clinical Champion01 Oct 2013 - 30 Oct 2018 (National)
- Peserta Pertandingan Projek Penambahbaikan Kualiti (QIT) peringkat PPUM03 Jul 2018 - 03 Jul 2018 (University Malaya)
- Document Controller01 Jan 2015 - 23 Dec 2017 (Faculty)
- Ahli jawatankuasa Peningkatan Kecemerlangan Staf Akademik22 Jul 2014 - 22 Jul 2017 (University Malaya)
- Evaluator for The Biosymposium 201719 May 2017 - 19 May 2017 (Faculty)
- Hir Coordinator11 Sep 2014 - 30 Jun 2016 (University Malaya)
- Jawatankuasa Penilaian & Pemantauan geran penyelidikan (JPPGP), Fakulti Perubatan01 Oct 2013 - 31 Jul 2015 (Faculty)
- Acting Head of Department28 Dec 2010 - 03 Jan 2011 (Faculty)
- BREAST SURGERY INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL MEMBER, COMMITTEE MEMBER2019 to 2023 (International)
- BREAST CHAPTER COLLEGE OF SURGEONS, OF MALAYSIA, CHAIRMAN2015 to 2018 (National)
- BREAST CHAPTER, COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF MALAYSIA, EXCO COMMITEE MEMBER2012 to 2015 (National)
- COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF MALAYSIA, TREASURER(International)
AWARD AND STEWARDSHIP
- Best Community Engagement Project for PaperUniversity Malaya Academia-Community Engagement (UMACE) International Symposium 2022, 2022 (International)
- Best Poster Award International Conference of Universiti Malaya Academia-Community EngagementUniversiti Malaya , 2019 (National)
- 1st Runner Up NATEX (21st Industrial Art and Technology Exhibition 2019, Johor Bharu iSurvive: A Machine Learning Enabled Digital Research Platform for Breast Cancer Survival based on Lifestyle Factors.Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 2019 (National)
- Consolation Prize, Oral Presentation, ASCOMOS (Annual Scientific Meeting Malaysia Oncology Society) 2017Malaysia Oncology Society, 2017 (National)
- 1st prize, best oral presentation. ASCOMOS (Annual Scietific Meeting, Malaysia Oncology Society) 2017, KuchingMalaysia Oncology Society, 2017 (National)
- KHIDMAT SETIA 20 AWARD, 2017 (University)
- Best Poster (First Prize): Adherence to Hormonal Therapy Amongst Breast Cancer Patients Attending Public Hospitals in MalaysiaCollege of Surgeons, 2015 (International)
- EXCELLENCE SERVICE AWARDUniversity of Malaya, 2014 (University)
- Southeast Asia Cancer Control Leadership ForumNone, 2014 (International)
- IMPAHC Poster Presentation Award 2013International Meeting on Psychosocial Aspect of Hereditary Cancer, 2013 (International)
- BSI Best Paper Prize SessionBreast Surgery International, 2013 (International)
- CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENT SERVICEUniversity of Malaya, 2012 (University)
- International Surgical Society. International Society Week, Adelaide 2009.Breast Surgery International, 2009 (International)
- Poster Competition, Annual Malaysia Oncology Society Meeting.Lau PC, Taib NA, YipCH et al. Postmastectomy locoregional recurrence and survival.Malaysia Oncology Society, 2009 (International)
- CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENT SERVICEUniversity of Malaya, 2007 (University)
- Breast Surgery International Travel Fellow 2007Breast Surgery International, 2007 (International)
- EXCELLENCE SERVICE AWARDUniversity of Malaya, 2006 (University)
- Bronze medal for Poster entitled: Fitting proportional hazards on local breast cancer data.RESEARCH, INVENTION AND INNOVATION EXPO, UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA, 2006 (University)
- EXCELLENCE SERVICE AWARDUniversity of Malaya, 2005 (University)
- Penghargaan Layanan CemerlangUniversity Malaya Medical Centre, 2005 (International)
- CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENT SERVICEUniversity of Malaya, 2003 (University)
Article in Journal
Ho, Peh Joo; Ho, Weang Kee; Khng, Alexis J.; Yeoh, Yen Shing; Tan, Benita Kiat-Tee; Tan, Ern Yu; Lim, Geok Hoon; Tan, Su-Ming; Tan, Veronique Kiak Mien; Yip, Cheng-Har; Mohd-Taib, Nur-Aishah; Wong, Fuh Yong; Lim, Elaine Hsuen; Ngeow, Joanne; Chay, Wen Yee; Leong, Lester Chee Hao; Yong, Wei Sean; Seah, Chin Mui; Tang, Siau Wei; Ng, Celene Wei Qi; Yan, Zhiyan; Lee, Jung Ah; Rahmat, Kartini; Islam, Tania; Hassan, Tiara; Tai, Mei-Chee; Khor, Chiea Chuen; Yuan, Jian-Min; Koh, Woon-Puay; Sim, Xueling; Dunning, Alison M.; Bolla, Manjeet K.; Antoniou, Antonis C.; Teo, Soo-Hwang; Li, Jingmei; Hartman, Mikael (2022). Overlap of high-risk individuals predicted by family history, and genetic and non-genetic breast cancer risk prediction models: implications for risk stratification, BMC MEDICINE. 20(1), . doi:10.1186/s12916-022-02334-z
Ho, Peh Joo; Khng, Alexis Jiaying; Tan, Benita Kiat-Tee; Tan, Ern Yu; Tan, Su-Ming; Tan, Veronique Kiak Mien; Lim, Geok Hoon; Aronson, Kristan J.; Chan, Tsun L.; Choi, Ji-Yeob; Dennis, Joe; Ho, Weang-Kee; Hou, Ming-Feng; Ito, Hidemi; Iwasaki, Motoki; John, Esther M.; Kang, Daehee; Kim, Sung-Won; Kurian, Allison W.; Kwong, Ava; Lophatananon, Artitaya; Matsuo, Keitaro; Mohd-Taib, Nur Aishah; Muir, Kenneth; Murphy, Rachel A.; Park, Sue K.; Shen, Chen-Yang; Shu, Xiao-Ou; Teo, Soo Hwang; Wang, Qin; Yamaji, Taiki; Zheng, Wei; Bolla, Manjeet K.; Dunning, Alison M.; Easton, Douglas F.; Pharoah, Paul D. P.; Hartman, Mikael; Li, Jingmei (2022). Relevance of the MHC region for breast cancer susceptibility in Asians, BREAST CANCER. (), . doi:10.1007/s12282-022-01366-w
Kiew, Siew Juan; Mohd Taib, Nur Aishah; Islam, Tania; Abdul Majid, Hazreen (2022). Changes in Dietary Intake of Breast Cancer Survivors: Early Findings of a Malaysian Breast Cancer Prospective Cohort Study, NUTRITION AND CANCER-AN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL. (), . doi:10.1080/01635581.2021.2013508
Mavaddat, Nasim; Dorling, Leila; Carvalho, Sara; Allen, Jamie; Gonzalez-Neira, Anna; Keeman, Renske; Bolla, Manjeet K.; Dennis, Joe; Wang, Qin; Ahearn, Thomas U.; Andrulis, Irene L.; Beckmann, Matthias W.; Behrens, Sabine; Benitez, Javier; Bermisheva, Marina; Blomqvist, Carl; Bogdanova, Natalia, V; Bojesen, Stig E.; Briceno, Ignacio; Bruning, Thomas; Camp, Nicola J.; Campbell, Archie; Castelao, Jose E.; Chang-Claude, Jenny; Chanock, Stephen J.; Chenevix-Trench, Georgia; Christiansen, Hans; Czene, Kamila; Dork, Thilo; Eriksson, Mikael; Evans, D. Gareth; Fasching, Peter A.; Figueroa, Jonine D.; Flyger, Henrik; Gabrielson, Marike; Gago-Dominguez, Manuela; Geisler, Jurgen; Giles, Graham G.; Guenel, Pascal; Hadjisavvas, Andreas; Hahnen, Eric; Hall, Per; Hamann, Ute; Hartikainen, Jaana M.; Hartman, Mikael; Hoppe, Reiner; Howell, Anthony; Jakubowska, Anna; Jung, Audrey; Khusnutdinova, Elza K.; Kristensen, Vessela N.; Li, Jingmei; Lim, Swee Ho; Lindblom, Annika; Loizidou, Maria A.; Lophatananon, Artitaya; Lubinski, Jan; Madsen, Michael J.; Mannermaa, Arto; Manoochehri, Mehdi; Margolin, Sara; Mavroudis, Dimitrios; Milne, Roger L.; Taib, Nur Aishah Mohd; Morra, Anna; Muir, Kenneth; Obi, Nadia; Osorio, Ana; Park-Simon, Tjoung-Won; Peterlongo, Paolo; Radice, Paolo; Saloustros, Emmanouil; Sawyer, Elinor J.; Schmutzler, Rita K.; Shah, Mitul; Sim, Xueling; Southey, Melissa C.; Thorne, Heather; Tomlinson, Ian; Torres, Diana; Truong, Therese; Yip, Cheng Har; Spurdle, Amanda B.; Vreeswijk, Maaike P. G.; Dunning, Alison M.; Garcia-Closas, Montserrat; Pharoah, Paul D. P.; Kvist, Anders; Muranen, Taru A.; Nevanlinna, Heli; Teo, Soo Hwang; Devilee, Peter; Schmidt, Marjanka K.; Easton, Douglas F. (2022). Pathology of Tumors Associated With Pathogenic Germline Variants in 9 Breast Cancer Susceptibility Genes, JAMA ONCOLOGY. 8(3), . doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2021.6744
Ganggayah, M. D., Dhillon, S. K., Islam, T., Kalhor, F., Chiang, T. C., Kalafi, E. Y., & Taib, N. A. (2021). An Artificial Intelligence-Enabled Pipeline for Medical Domain: Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort as a Case Study. Diagnostics, 11(8), 15. doi: 10.3390/diagnostics11081492
Jamaris, S., Jamaluddin, J., Islam, T., See, M. H., Fadzli, F., Rahmat, K., . . . Taib, N. A. M. (2021). Is pre-operative axillary ultrasound alone sufficient to determine need for axillary dissection in early breast cancer patients? Medicine, 100(19), 9. doi: 10.1097/md.0000000000025412
Mohan, Devi; Su, Tin Tin; Donnelly, Michael; Hoe, Wilfred Mok Kok; Schliemann, Desiree; Tan, Min Min; Reidpath, Daniel; Taib, Nur Aishah; Allotey, Pascale (2021). Breast Cancer Screening in Semi-Rural Malaysia: Utilisation and Barriers, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH. 18(23), . doi:10.3390/ijerph182312293
Adv Exp Med Biol . 2020;1252:43-51. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-41596-9_6.
Biochimie . 2020 Dec;179:23-31. doi: 10.1016/j.biochi.2020.09.005. Epub 2020 Sep 12.
Chan CMH, Blanch-Hartigan D, Taib NA, Wee LH, Krupat E, Meyer F. (2020). Preferences for patient- centered care among cancer survivors 5 years post-diagnosis. Patient Educ Couns.103(8):1601-1605. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2020.02.03.
Cheng ML, See MH, Sinnadurai S, Islam T, Alip A, Ng CG, Taib NA; MyBCC Study Group. Adherence rate and the factors contribute toward the surgical adherence of breast cancer in Malaysia. Breast J. 26(3):568-570. doi: 10.1111/tbj.13617.
Hum Mutat . 2020 Dec 13. doi: 10.1002/humu.24154. Online ahead of print.
J Genet Couns. 2020 Nov 27. doi: 10.1002/jgc4.1360.
JCO Glob Oncol. 2020 Sep;6:1394-1411. doi: 10.1200/GO.20.00180. PMID: 32955943
Loh JW, Taib NA, Cheong YT, Tin TS.(2020). A Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial of Pre-incision Wound Infiltration Using Diclofenac Versus Bupivacaine for Post-operative Pain Relief in Open Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery. World J Surg. 44(8):2656-2666. doi: 10.1007/s00268-020-05458-6.
WK Ho, MM Tan, N Mavaddat, MC Tai, S Mariapun, J Li, PJ Ho, J Dennis, et al . European polygenic risk score for prediction of breast cancer shows similar performance in Asian women. Nature Communications 11 (1), 1-11
Bhoo-Pathy, N., Ng, C. W., Lim, G. C., Tamin, N. S. I., Sullivan, R., Bhoo-Pathy, N. T., . . . Yip, C. H. (2019). Financial Toxicity After Cancer in a Setting With Universal Health Coverage: A Call for Urgent Action. J Oncol Pract, Jop1800619. doi:10.1200/jop.18.00619
F. Moradi, N. M. Ung, G. A. Mahdiraji, M. U. Khandaker, M. H. See, N.A. Taib, D. A. Bradley, (2019), Evaluation of Ge-doped silica fibre TLDs for in vivo dosimetry during intraoperative radiotherapy, Phys. Med. Biol.
J Lipid Res. 2019 Nov;60(11):1807-1817. doi: 10.1194/jlr.M092379. Epub 2019 Sep 4.
Mogana Darshini Ganggayah, Nur Aishah Taib, Yip Cheng Har, Pietro Lio, and Sarinder Kaur Dhillon. (2019). Predicting factors for survival of breast cancer patients using machine learning techniques. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 19: 48.
Nurul Aqilah Mohd Nor, Nur Aishah TaibEmail author, MARNIZA SAAD, Hana Salwani Zaini, Zahir Ahmad, Yamin Ahmad and Sarinder Kaur Dhillon. (2019). Development of electronic medical records for clinical and research purposes: the breast cancer module using an implementation framework in a middle income country- Malaysia. BMC Bioinformatics201919 (Suppl 13) :402
Sinnadurai S1, Kwong A2, Hartman M3, Tan EY4, Bhoo-Pathy NT5, Dahlui M5, See MH1, Yip CH1, Taib NA1, Bhoo-Pathy N5. (2018). Breast-conserving surgery versus mastectomy in young women with breast cancer in Asian settings. BJS Open. 2018 Oct 18;3(1):48-55.
Thilo D rk, Paolo Peterlongo, Arto Mannermaa, Manjeet K. Bolla, Qin Wang, Joe Dennis, Thomas Ahearn, Irene L. Andrulis, Hoda Anton-Culver, Volker Arndt, Kristan J. Aronson, Annelie Augustinsson, Laura E. Beane Freeman, Matthias W. Beckmann, Alicia Beeghly-Fadiel, Sabine Behrens, Marina Bermisheva, Carl Blomqvist, Natalia V. Bogdanova, Stig E. Bojesen, Hiltrud Brauch, Hermann Brenner, Barbara Burwinkel, Federico Canzian, Tsun L. Chan, Jenny Chang-Claude, Stephen J. Chanock, Ji-Yeob Choi, Hans Christiansen, Christine L. Clarke, Fergus J. Couch, Kamila Czene, Mary B. Daly, Isabel dos-Santos-Silva, Miriam Dwek, Diana M. Eccles, Arif B. Ekici, Mikael Eriksson, D. Gareth Evans, Peter A. Fasching, Jonine Figueroa, Henrik Flyger, Lin Fritschi, Marike Gabrielson, Manuela Gago-Dominguez, Chi Gao, Susan M. Gapstur, Montserrat Garc a-Closas, Jos A. Garc a-S enz, Mia M. Gaudet, Graham G. Giles, Mark S. Goldberg, David E. Goldgar, Pascal Gu nel, Lothar Haeberle, Christopher A. Haiman, Niclas H kansson, Per Hall, Ute Hamann, Mikael Hartman, Jan Hauke, Alexander Hein, Peter Hillemanns, Frans B. L. Hogervorst, Maartje J. Hooning, John L. Hopper, Tony Howell, Dezheng Huo, Hidemi Ito, Motoki Iwasaki, Anna Jakubowska, Wolfgang Janni, Esther M. John, Audrey Jung, Rudolf Kaaks, Daehee Kang, Pooja Middha Kapoor, Elza Khusnutdinova, Sung-Won Kim, Cari M. Kitahara, Stella Koutros, Peter Kraft, Vessela N. Kristensen, Ava Kwong, Diether Lambrechts, Loic Le Marchand, Jingmei Li, Sara Lindstr m, Martha Linet, Wing-Yee Lo, Jirong Long, Artitaya Lophatananon, Jan Lubi ski, Mehdi Manoochehri, Siranoush Manoukian, Sara Margolin, Elena Martinez, Keitaro Matsuo, Dimitris Mavroudis, Alfons Meindl, Usha Menon, Roger L. Milne, Nur Aishah Mohd Taib, Kenneth Muir, Anna Marie Mulligan, et al. (2019). Two truncating variants in FANCC and breast cancer risk. Sci Rep.12524.
Tomotaka Ugai, Roger L. Milne, Hidemi Ito, Kristan J. Aronson, Manjeet K. Bolla, Tsun Chan, Ching W. Chan, Ji Yeob Choi, Don M. Conroy, Joe Dennis, Alison M. Dunning, Douglas F. Easton, Valerie Gaborieau, Anna Gonzalez Neira, Mikael Hartman, Catherine S. Healey, Motoki Iwasaki, Esther M. John, Daehee Kang, Sung Won Kim, Ava Kwong, Artitaya Lophatananon, , 24 Kyriaki Michailidou, Nur Aishah Mohd Taib, Kenneth Muir, Sue K. Park, Paul D. P. Pharoah, Suleeporn Sangrajrang, 28 Chen Yang Shen, Xiao Ou Shu, John J. Spinelli, Soo H. Teo, Daniel C. Tessier, Chiu Chen Tseng, Shoichiro Tsugane, Daniel Vincent, Qin Wang, Anna H. Wu, Pei Ei Wu, Wei Zheng, and Keitaro Matsu (2019). The functional ALDH2 polymorphism is associated with breast cancer risk: A pooled analysis from the Breast Cancer Association Consortium. Mol Genet Genomic Med, 7(6): e707.
U Rajendra Acharya, Kristen M. Meiburger, Joel En Wei Koh, Edward J Ciaccio, N. Arunkumar, Mee Hoong See, Nur Aishah Md Taib, Anushya Vijayananthan, Kartini Rahmat, Farhana Fadzli, Sook Sam Leong, Caroline Judy Westerhout , Angela Chantre Astaiza, Gustavo Ramirez-Gonzalez. A novel algorithm for breast lesion detection using textons and local configuration pattern features with ultrasound imagery. IEEE Access 2019
Wong, W. J.; Mosiun, J. A.; Hidayati, Z.; Balkis, R.; Sharif, S. Z.; Lee, D.; Wahab, M. Y. Abdul; See, M. H.; Suniza, J.; Taib, N. A. (2019). Low Breast Conserving Surgery (BCS) rates in public hospitals in Malaysia: The effect of stage and ethnicity. Breast,136-143.
Balasundram S1, Salekan K, Ahmad Shariffuddin FN, Taib NA, Adnan TH. (2018). Overall Survival and Local Recurrence Among Breast Cancer Patients in Hospital Sultanah Nora Ismail Batu Pahat, 2007-2013. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. Breast 26;19(9):2409-2415.
C. H. Yip & N. A. Taib & C. V. Song & R. K. Pritam Singh & G. Agarwal. (2018). Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer in the Absence of Population-Based Mammographic Screening in Asia. Current breast cancer reports.
Chan CMH1, Ng CG2, Taib NA2, Wee LH1, Krupat E3, Meyer F4.. (2018).Course and predictors of post-traumatic stress disorder in a cohort of psychologically distressed patients with cancer: A 4-year follow-up study. Cancer.124(2):406-416.
Global Disparities in Breast Cancer Genetics Testing, Counselling and Management
Ping Lei Chui, Khatijah Lim Abdullah, Li Ping Wong, Nur Aishah Taib. (2018). Complementary and alternative medicine use and symptom burden in women undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer in Malaysia. Cancer Nursing, 41(3):189-199, May/June. DOI: 10.1097/NCC.0000000000000527
Shamsiah Abdul Hamid, MBBS, MRad,a,b Kartini Rahmat, MBBS, MRad, FRCR,a, Marlina Tanty Ramli, MBChB, MRad,a,b Farhana Fadzli, MBChB, MRCP, MRad, FRCR,a Suniza Jamaris, MBBS, MSurg,c Mee Hoong See, MD, MSurg,c Kean Hooi Teoh, MBBCh, MPath,d and Nur Aishah Mohd Taib, MBBS, MRCS, MSurgc. (2018). Radiopathological characteristics and outcomes of phyllodes tumor of the breast in Malaysian women. Medicine (Baltimore), 97(31): e11412.
Song CV1, Teo SH1, Taib NA2, Yip CH3. (2018). Surgery for BRCA, TP53 and PALB2: a literature review. Ecancermedicalscience, 12:863.
Subramaniam S, Kong YC, Chinna K2,3, Kimman M, Ho YZ, Saat N, Malik RA, Taib NA, Abdullah MM, Lim GC, Tamin NI, Woo YL, Chang KM, Goh PP, Yip CH, Bhoo-Pathy N. (2018). Health related quality of life and psychological distress among cancer survivors in a middle income country. Psychooncology.
Balakrishnan N, Teo SH, Sinnadurai S, Bhoo Pathy NT, See MH, Taib NA, Yip CH, Bhoo Pathy N. (2017). Impact of Time Since Last Childbirth on Survival of Women with Premenopausal and Postmenopausal Breast Cancers. World J Surg.
Bhoo-Pathy NT, Inaida S2, Tanaka S, Taib NA3, Yip CH, SAAD M, Kawakami K, Bhoo-Pathy N. Impact of adjuvant chemotherapy on survival of women with T1N0M0, hormone receptor negative breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiology Jun 2017;48:56-61. doi: 10.1016/j.canep.2017.03.007. Epub 2017 Apr 1.
Chan CMH, Ng CG, Taib NA, Wee LH, Krupat E, Meyer F. (2017). Course and predictors of post-traumatic stress disorder in a cohort of psychologically distressed patients with cancer: A 4-year follow-up study. Cancer. doi: 10.1002/cncr.30980.
Michailidou K, Lindstr m S,..... Mariapun S, Teo SH, Har Yip C, Taib NAM...... (2017). Association analysis identifies 65 new breast cancer risk loci. Nature. 551(7678), 92-94.
Ng Chong Guan, PhD1, Salina Mohamed, MPM2, Kiran Kaur MD 3 Ahmad Hatim Sulaiman, PhD1, Nor Zuraida Zainal, MPhil1, Nur Aishah Taib, MD3 , MyBCC Study group. Perceived distress and its association with depression and anxiety in breast cancer patients. PLoS One.12(3):e0172975. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0172975.
Yek-Ching Kong, Nirmala Bhoo-Pathy, Shridevi Subramaniam, Nanthini Bhoo-Pathy, Nur Aishah Taib, Suniza Jamaris, Kiran Kaur, Mee-Hoong See, Gwo-Fuang Ho and Cheng-Har Yip. (2017). Advanced Stage at Presentation Remains a Major Factor Contributing to Breast Cancer Survival Disparity between Public and Private Hospitals in a Middle-Income Country. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 14(4), 427.
Bhoo-Pathy N1,2, Balakrishnan N3, See MH3, Taib NA3, Yip CH3. 2016 . Missed Opportunities for Loco-Regional Treatment of Elderly Women with Breast Cancer.World J Surg. 2016 Jul 25. [Epub ahead of print]
Burton A, Byrnes G, Stone J, Tamimi RM, Heine J, Vachon C, Ozmen V, Pereira A, Garmendia ML, Scott C, Hipwell JH, Dickens C, Sch z J, Aribal ME, Bertrand K, Kwong A, Giles GG, Hopper J, P rez G mez B, Poll n M, Teo SH, Mariapun S, Taib NA, Lajous M, Lopez-Riduara R21, Rice M, Romieu I, Flugelman AA, Ursin G, Qureshi S, Ma H, Lee E, Sirous R, Sirous M, Lee JW, Kim J, Salem D, Kamal R, Hartman M, Miao H, Chia KS, Nagata C, Vinayak S, Ndumia R, van Gils CH, Wanders JO, Peplonska B, Bukowska A, Allen S, Vinnicombe S, Moss S, Chiarelli AM, Linton L, Maskarinec G, Yaffe MJ, Boyd NF, Dos-Santos-Silva I, McCormack V. (2016). Mammographic density assessed on paired raw and processed digital images and on paired screen-film and digital images across three mammography systems.
Horne HN, Chung CC, Zhang H, Yu K, Prokunina-Olsson L, Michailidou K, Bolla MK, Wang Q, Dennis J, Hopper JL, Southey MC, Schmidt MK, Broeks A, Muir K, Lophatananon A, Fasching PA, Beckmann MW, Fletcher O, Johnson N, Sawyer EJ, Tomlinson I, Burwinkel B, Marme F, Gu nel P, Truong T, Bojesen SE, Flyger H, Benitez J, Gonz lez-Neira A, Anton-Culver H, Neuhausen SL, Brenner H, Arndt V, Meindl A, Schmutzler RK, Brauch H, Hamann U, Nevanlinna H, Khan S, Matsuo K, Iwata H, D rk T, Bogdanova NV, Lindblom A, Margolin S, Mannermaa A, Kosma VM, Chenevix-Trench G; kConFab/AOCS Investigators, Wu AH, Ven den Berg D, Smeets A, Zhao H, Chang-Claude J, Rudolph A, Radice P, Barile M, Couch FJ, Vachon C, Giles GG, Milne RL, Haiman CA, Marchand LL, Goldberg MS, Teo SH, Taib NA, Kristensen V, Borresen-Dale AL, Zheng W, Shrubsole M, Winqvist R, Jukkola-Vuorinen A, Andrulis IL, Knight JA, Devilee P, Seynaeve C, Garc a-Closas M, Czene K, Darabi H, Hollestelle A, Martens JW, Li J, Lu W, Shu XO, Cox A, Cross SS, Blot W, Cai Q, Shah M, Luccarini C, Baynes C, Harrington P, Kang D, Choi JY, Hartman M, Chia KS, Kabisch M, Torres D, Jakubowska A, Lubinski J, Sangrajrang S, Brennan P, Slager S, Yannoukakos D, Shen CY, Hou MF, Swerdlow A, Orr N, Simard J, Hall P, Pharoah PD, Easton DF, Chanock SJ, Dunning AM, Figueroa JD. 2016. Fine-Mapping of the 1p11.2 Breast Cancer Susceptibility Locus.PLoS One 11(8):e0160316. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0160316.
Ng PS1, Wen WX2, Fadlullah MZ3, Yoon SY4, Lee SY5, Thong MK6, Yip CH7, Mohd Taib NA8,9, Teo SH . 2016. Identification of germline alterations in breast cancer predisposition genes among Malaysian breast cancer patients using panel testing. Clin Genet. doi: 10.1111/cge.12735.
Wen WX, Soo JS, Kwan PY, Hong E, Khang TF, Mariapun S, Lee CS, Hasan SN, Rajadurai P, Yip CH, Mohd Taib NA, Teo SH.Germline APOBEC3B deletion is associated with breast cancer risk in an Asian multi-ethnic cohort and with immune cell presentation.
A new formulation of Gamma Delta Tocotrienol has superior bioavailability compared to an existing Tocotrienol Rich Fraction in healthy human subjects.Puvaneswari Meganathan, Rafid Salim Jabir, Ho Gwo Fuang, Nirmala Bhoo-Pathy, Roma Basu Choudhury, *Nur Aishah Taib1, Kalanithi Nesaretnam5, Zamri Chik. Article in press (Nature Scientific Report (2015)
Anxiety, depression, perceived social support and quality of life in Malaysian breast cancer patients: a 1-year prospective study. Chong Guan Ng1*, Salina Mohamed2, Mee Hoong See3, Faizah Harun3, Maznah Dahlui4, Ahmad Hatim Sulaiman1, Nor Zuraida Zainal1, Nur Aishah Taib3 and on behalf of the MyBCC Study group
Chong Guan Ng, Salina Mohamed, Mee Hoong See, Faizah Harun, Maznah Dahlui, Ahmad Hatim Sulaiman,Nor Zuraida Zainal, Nur Aishah Taib and on behalf of the MyBCC Study group. 2015. Anxiety, depression, perceived social support and quality of life in Malaysian breast cancer patients: A 1-year prospective study. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes 13(1): 205 (Open Access)
Hasmad HN1, Sivanandan K, Lee V, Yip CH, Mohd Taib NA, Teo SH.2015.Identification of a recurrent BRCA1 exon 21-22 genomic rearrangement in Malay breast cancer patients.Clin Genet 87(4):392-4.
Islam T, Bhoo-Pathy N, Su TT, et al. Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort (MyBCC): A Study Protocol. BMJ Open 2015
Kang PC, Phuah SY, Sivanandan K, Kang IN, Thirthagiri E, Liu JJ, Hassan N, Yoon SY, Thong MK, Hui M, Hartman M, Yip CH, Taib NA, Teo SH.2015.Erratum to: Recurrent mutation testing of BRCA1 and BRCA2 in Asian breast cancer patients identify carriers in those with presumed low risk by family history.Breast Cancer Res Treat.150(3):699- 700.
Koh CH, Bhoo-Pathy N, Ng KL, Jabir RS, Tan GH, See MH, Jamaris S, Taib NA.Utility of pre-treatment neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio and platelet-lymphocyte ratio as prognostic factors in breast cancer.Br J Cancer
Koh, C-H; Bhoo-Pathy, N.; Ng, K-L; et al.Utility of pre- treatment neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio and platelet- British Journal of Cancer Volume: 113 Issue: 1
Mohamad S1, Isa NM1, Muhammad R2, Emran NA3, Kitan NM4, Kang P5, Kang IN5, Taib NA6, Teo SH7, Akmal SN1.2015.Low prevalence of CHEK2 gene mutations in multiethnic cohorts of breast cancer patients in Malaysia.PLoS One 10(1):e0117104.
Narayanan V, Taib NA,Teo SH.Integrated genomic and transcriptomic analysis of human brain metastases identifies alterations of potential clinical significance. J Pathol. 2015 Jul 14. doi: 10.1002/path.4583.
Subramaniam S, Bhoo-Pathy N, Taib NA, Tan GH, See MH, Jamaris S, Ho GF, Looi LM, Yip CH. (2015) .Breast Cancer Outcomes as Defined by the Estrogen Receptor, Progesterone Receptor, and Human Growth Factor Receptor-2 in a Multi-ethnic Asian Country.World J Surg. 2015 Jul 3. [Epub ahead of print]
Teh YC, Tan GH, Taib NA, Rahmat K, Westerhout CJ, Fadzli F, See MH, Jamaris S, Yip CHOpportunistic mammography screening provides effective detection rates in a limited resource healthcare system.BMC Cancer;15(1):405.
Teo SH, Taib NA, Yip CH, Ho GF.2015.Assessment of variation in immunosuppressive pathway genes reveals TGFBR2 to be associated with prognosis of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer after chemotherapy.Breast Cancer Res 17(1):522.
Teo SH, Yip CH, Taib NA, Tan GH.2015.Genome-wide association analysis of more than 120,000 individuals identifies 15 new susceptibility loci for breast cancer.Nat Genet. doi: 10.1038/ng.3242
Yahaya NA1, Subramanian P, Bustam AZ, Taib NA.2015.Symptom Experiences and Coping Strategies among Multi- ethnic Solid Tumor Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy in Malaysia.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16(2):723-30.
"Bhoo-Pathy N1, Subramaniam S2, Taib NA3, Hartman M4, Alias Z5, Tan GH3, Ibrahim RI6, Yip CH3, Verkooijen HM4."
CE Phua, WH Tang, MM Yusof, M SAAD, A Alip, MH See, NA Taib, Risk of Treatment Related Death and Febrile Neutropaenia with First Line Palliative Chemotherapy for De Novo Metastatic Breast Cancer in Clinical Practice in a Middle Resource Country
Char-Hong Ng, Nirmala Bhoo Pathy, Nur Aishah Taib, Gwo- Fuang Ho, Kein-Seong Mun, Anthony Rhodes, Lai- Meng Looi, Cheng-Har Yip.2014. Do Clinical Features and Survival of Single Hormone Receptor Positive Breast Cancers Differ from Double Hormone Receptor Positive Breast Cancers? Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15(18): 7959-7964.
Chui, P.L., Abdullah, K.L., Wong, L.P. & Taib, N. A. 2014. Prayer-for-health and complementary alternative medicine use among Malaysian breast cancer patients during chemotherapy. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 14:425
Hasmad HN, Sivanandan K, Lee V, Yip CH, Mohd Taib NA, Teo SH. Identification of a recurrent BRCA1 exon 21-22 genomic rearrangement in Malay breast cancer patients. Clin Genet (2014)
Islam T, Dahlui M, Majid H, Nahar A, Mohd Taib N, Su T; MyBCC study group (2014) Factors associated with return to work of breast cancer survivors: a systematic review. BMC Public Health. 2014 Nov 24;14 Suppl 3:S8.
Jingmei Li,Linda S. Lindstr m,Jia N. Foo,Marjanka K. Schmidt,Paul D. P. Pharoah,Kyriaki Michailidou,Manjeet K. Bolla,Qin Wang,Laura J. Van t Veer,Sten Cornelissen,Emiel Rutgers, Melissa C. Southey,Carmel Apicella,Gillian S. Dite,John L. Hopper,Peter A. Fasching,Lothar Haeberle,Arif B. Ekici,Matthias W. Beckmann,Carl Blomqvist,Taru A. Muranen,Kristiina Aittom , Annika Lindblom,Sara Margolin,Arto Mannermaa,Veli-Matti Kosma,Jaana M. Hartikainen,Vesa Kataja,Georgia Chenevix-Trench,kConFab Investigators,Kelly-Anne Phillips,Sue-Anne McLachlan, Diether Lambrechts,Bernard Thienpont,Ann Smeets,Hans Wildiers,Jenny Chang-Claude,Dieter Flesch-Janys,Petra Seibold,Anja Rudolph,Graham G. Giles,Laura Baglietto,Gianluca Severi, Christopher A. Haiman,Brian E. Henderson,Fredrick Schumacher,Loic Le Marchand,Vessela Kristensen,Grethe I. Grenaker Aln Anne-Lise Borresen-Dale,Silje Nord,Robert Winqvist, Katri Pylk Arja Jukkola-Vuorinen,Mervi Grip,Irene L. Andrulis,Julia A. Knight,Gord Glendon,Sandrine Tchatchou,Peter Devilee,Robert Tollenaar,Caroline Seynaeve,Maartje Hooning, Mieke Kriege,Antoinette Hollestelle,Ans van den Ouweland,Yi Li,Ute Hamann,Diana Torres,Hans U. Ulmer,Thomas R diger,Chen-Yang Shen,Chia-Ni Hsiung,Pei-Ei Wu,Shou-Tung Chen, Soo Hwang Teo,Nur Aishah Mohd Taib,Cheng Har Yip,Gwo Fuang Ho,Keitaro Matsuo,Hidemi Ito,Hiroji Iwata,Kazuo Tajima,Daehee Kang,Ji-Yeob Choi,Sue K. Park,Keun-Young Yoo,Tom Maishman, William J. Tapper,Alison Dunning,Mitul Shah,Robert Luben,Judith Brown,Chiea Chuen Khor,Diana M. Eccles,Heli Nevanlinna,Douglas Easton,Keith Humphreys,Jianjun Liu,Per Hall & Kamila Czene. 2q36.3 is associated with prognosis for oestrogen receptor-negative breast cancer patients treated with chemotherapy.Nature Communications 5: 4051
Kang Choon Eng Peter, Sze Yee Phuah, Kavitta Sivanandan, In Nee Kang, Eswary Thirthagiri, Liu Jian Jun, Norhashimah Hassan, Yoon Sook-Yee, Thong Meow Keong, Miao Hui, Mikael Hartman, Yip Cheng Har, Nur Aishah Mohd Taib and Teo Soo Hwang. Recurrent mutation testing of BRCA1 and BRCA2 in Asian breast cancer patients identify carriers in those with presumed low risk by family history. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2014 DOI 10.1007/s10549-014-2894-x
Miao H1, Hartman M2, Bhoo-Pathy N3, Lee SC4, Taib NA5, Tan EY6, Chan P6, Moons KG7, Wong HS8, Goh J9, Rahim SM10, Yip CH5, Verkooijen HM11.
Pijnappel EN1, Bhoo-Pathy N, Suniza J, See MH, Tan GH, Yip CH, Hartman M, Taib NA, Verkooijen HM.2014.Prediction of Lymph Node Involvement in Patients with Breast Tumors Measuring 3-5 cm in a Middle-Income Setting: the Role of CancerMath.World J Surg.
Pryma Baskaran,Pathmawathi Subramanian, Wong Li Ping, NurAishahMohdTaib,Roshaslina Rosli. Perceived susceptibility, and cervical cancer screening benefits and barriers in malaysian women visiting outpatient clinics.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14(12):7693-9.
Shivaani Mariapun, Jingmei Li, Cheng Har Yip, Nur Aishah Mohd Taib, Soo-Hwang Teo . Ethnic differences in mammographic densities: An Asian cross-sectional study. Plos One (2014) in press
Taib NA. (2014). Recognizing Pitfalls in Breast Cancer Follow-up: A Necessity-Reply. World J Surg.
Taib NA1, Yip CH, Low WY.2014.A grounded explanation of why women present with advanced breast cancer.World J Surg 38(7):1676-84
Teo SH, Taib NA, Kang IN. Low prevalence of CHEK2 gene mutations in multiethnic cohort of breast cancer patients in Malaysia. Plos"ONE)(2014)"(in"press)
Teo SH, Taib NA, Yip CH, Fuang Ho G. Germline polymorphisms in immune response and inflammation genes may influence disease outcome in breast cancer patients.Nature Comms (2014) (in press)
V.Tiong, A.M.Rozita, N.A.Taib, C.H.Yip, C.H.Ng. 2014. Incidence of Chemotherapy-Induced Ovarian Failure in Premenopausal Women Undergoing Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer. World J Surg. 2014 Apr 4.
Yew-Ching Teh, Nor Elina Noor Shaari, Nur Aishah Taib, Char-Hong Ng, Mee-Hoong See, Gie-Hooi Tan, Suniza Jamaris, Cheng-Har Yip. Determinants of Choice of Surgery in Asian Patients with Early Breast Cancer in A Middle Income Country. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, Vol 15, 2014 DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.7.3163
Yip CH1, Taib NA.2014.Breast health in developing countries.Climacteric.17:1-6
"Bhoo-Pathy N, Yip CH, Hartman M, Uiterwaal CS, Devi BC, Peeters PH, Taib NA, van Gils CH, Verkooijen HM. Breast cancer research in Asia: Adopt or adapt Western knowledge? Eur J Cancer. 2013 Feb;49(3):703-9.
"Mujar M, Dahlui M, Yip CH, Taib NA. Delays in time to primary treatment after a diagnosis of breast cancer: Does it impact survival?Preventive Medicine. 2013 Mar;56(3-4):222-4.
Adina Abdullah, Khatijah Lim Abdullah,Cheng Har Yip, Soo-Hwang Teo, Nur Aishah Taib, Chirk Jenn Ng (2013) The Decision Making Journey of Malaysian Women with Early Breast Cancer : A Qualitative Study. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention 14 (12) :7143-7147
COGS consortium, including from Malaysia: Teo Soo Hwang, Yip Cheng Har, Ng Char Hong
COGS consortium, including from Malaysia: Teo Soo Hwang, Yip Cheng Har, Phuah Sze Yee
M. Dahlui, Daniel E. H. Gan, N. A Taib, Jennifer N. W. Lim. 2013. Breast Screening and Health Issues among Rural Females in Malaysia: How Much do They Know and Practice? Preventive Medicine. 12/2012; 57:S18 S20
Nur Aishah, Taib, Yip, C.H., & Low, W.Y. 2013. A grounded explanation of why womenpresent with advanced breast cancer. World J Surg. Nov 2013, vol 37.
Phuah SY, Lee SY, Kang P, Kang IN, Yoon SY, Thong MK, Hartman M, Sng JH, Yip CH, Taib NA, Teo SH. Prevalence of PALB2 mutations in breast cancer patients in multi- ethnic Asian population in Malaysia and Singapore PLoS One. 2013 Aug 20;8(8):e73638. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0073638.
Prevalence of PALB2 mutations in breast cancer patients in multi- ethnic Asian population in Malaysia and Singapore. Phuah SY, Lee SY, Kang P, Kang IN, Yoon SY, Thong MK, Hartman M, Sng JH,YipCH,Mohd Taib NA, TeoSH. Plos One2013
Subramanian P1, Oranye NO, Masri AM, Taib NA, Ahmad N.
"Bhoo Pathy N, Uiterwaal CS, Taib NA, Verkooijen HM, Yip CH. Gradually implemented new biomarkers for prognostication of breast cancer: complete case analysis may introduce bias. J Clin Epidemiol. 2012 May;65(5):568-71.
"Saxena N, Hartman M, Bhoo-Pathy N, Lim JN, Aw TC, Iau P, Taib NA, Lee SC, Yip CH, Verkooijen HM. Breast cancer in South East Asia: comparison of presentation and outcome between a middle income and a high income country. World J Surg. 2012 Dec;36(12):2838-46.
Bhoo-Pathy N, Hartman M, Yip CH, Saxena N, Taib NA, Lim SE, Iau P, Adami HO, Bulgiba AM, Lee SC, Verkooijen HM. Ethnic differences in survival after breast cancer in South East Asia. PLoS One. 2012;7(2):e30995.
Chee Ee Phua, Anita Zarina Bustam, Mastura Md Yusof, MARNIZA SAAD, Cheng-Har Yip, Nor Aishah Taib and Char Hong Ng. 2012 Risk of treatment related death (TRD) with adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: A study in University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC). Journal of Cancer Therepeutics & Research 1: 13
Dahlui M, Gan DE, Taib NA, Lim JN. Breast screening and health issues among rural females in Malaysia: How much do they know and practice? Preventive Medical. 2012 Dec 28. doi:pii: S0091-7435(12)00627-5. 10.1016/j.
Lee DS, Yoon SY, Looi LM, Kang P, Kang IN, Sivanandan K, Ariffin H, Thong MK, Chin KF, Mohd Taib NA, Yip CH, Teo SH. Comparable frequency of BRCA1, BRCA2 and TP53 germline mutations in a multi-ethnic Asian cohort suggests TP53 screening should be offered together with BRCA1/2 screening to early-onset breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res. 2012 Apr 16;14(2):R61.
Naidu R, Yip CH, Taib NA. Genetic variations in transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene: association of TCF7L2 rs12255372(G/T) or rs7903146(C/T) with breast cancer risk and clinico-pathological parameters. Med Oncol. 2012 Jun;29(2):411-7.
Ng KH, Yip CH and Taib NA.Breast density speaks volumes - an argument for the standardisation of clinical breast density measurement based on 3D data. Lancet Oncol. 2012;13(4):334-6. (Tier 1)
Saxena N, Hartman M, Yip CH, Bhoo-Pathy N, Khin LW, Taib NA, Looi LM, Lim SE, Lee SC, Verkooijen HM. "Dahlui M, Gan DE, Taib NA, Pritam R, Lim J. Predictors of breast cancer screening uptake: a pre intervention community survey in Malaysia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13(7):3443-9.
Saxena N, Hartman M, Yip CH, Bhoo-Pathy N, Khin LW, Taib NA, Looi LM, Lim SE, Lee SC, Verkooijen HM. Does the Axillary Lymph Node Ratio Have Any Added Prognostic Value over pNStaging for South East Asian Breast Cancer Patients?PLoS One. 2012; 7(9):e45809.
Triple negative breast cancer and phosphatase and tensin homolog loss are predictors of BRCA1 germline mutations in women with early onset and familial breast cancer, but not in women with isolated late- onset breast cancer. Phuah SY, Looi LM, Hassan N, Rhodes A, Dean S, Mohd Taib NA, Yip CH, Teo SH. Breast Cancer Res. (2012) Nov 2;14(6):R142.
Ching, H. C., Naidu, R., Seong, M. K., Har, Y. C., & Taib, N. A. (2011). Integrated analysis of copy number and loss of heterozygosity in primary breast carcinomas using high-density SNP array. Int J Oncol, 39(3), 621- 633.
Genetic counseling for patients and families with hereditary breast and ovarian cancer in a developing Asian country: an observational descriptive study. Yoon SY, Thong MK, Taib NA, Yip CH, Teo SH. Fam Cancer. (2011) Feb 12.
Naidu R, Har YC, Taib NAM. Genetic polymorphisms of TP53-binding protein 1 (TP53BP1) gene and association with breast cancer risk. APMIS 2011; 119: 460 67.
Nirmala Bhoo Pathy, Cheng Har Yip, Nur Aishah Taib, Mikael Hartman, Nakul Saxena, Philip Iau, Awang M. Bulgiba, Soo Chin Lee, Siew Eng Lim, John E.L. Wong, Helena M. Verkooijen, for Singapore Malaysia Breast Cancer Working Group, Breast cancer in a multi-ethnic Asian setting: Results from the Singapore Malaysia hospital-based breast cancer registry, The Breast, Volume 20, Supplement 2, April 2011, Pages S75-S80,
Pathy NB, Verkooijen HM, Taib NA, Hartman M, Yip CH. Impact of breast surgery on survival in women presenting with metastatic breast cancer. Br J Surg. 2011 Nov;98(11):1566-72. doi: 10.1002/bjs.7650. Epub 2011 Aug 19
Saxena N, Hartman M, Aziz R, Rapiti E, Bhoo Pathy N, Lim SE, Iau P, Taib NA, Schaffar R, Neyroud-Caspar I, Yip CH, Lee SC, Verkooijen HM. 2011. Prognostic value of axillary lymph node status after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Results from a multicentre study.Eur J Cancer. 2011 May;47(8):1186-92.
Sook-Yee Yoon, Meow-Keong Thong, Nur Aishah Mohd Taib, Cheng-Har Yip and Soo-Hwang Teo, 2011. Genetic Counseling For Patients and Families with Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer in a Developing Asian Country: An Observational Descriptive Study. Familial Cancer 2011 DOI 10.1007/s10689-011-9420-7
Taib NA, Akmal M, Mohamed I, Yip CH."Improvement in survival of breast cancer patients - trends over two time periods in a single institution in an Asia Pacific country, Malaysia." Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2011, 12 (2): 345- 349.
Taib NA, Yip CH, Low WY. Recognising Symptoms of Breast Cancer as a Reason for Delayed Presentation in Asian Women - The Psycho-socio- cultural Model for Breast Symptom Appraisal: Opportunities for Intervention. 2001 Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 12(6):1601-8.
Taib, N.A., Yip, C.H. & Low, W.Y. 2011. Recognizing symptoms of breast cancer as a reason for delayed presentation in Asian women- The psycho-socio-cultural model for breast symptom appraisal: Opportunities for intervention. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12(6): 1601-8
Chong HY, Taib NA, Rampal S, Saad M, Bustam AZ, Yip CH. Treatment options for locally advanced breast cancer experience in an Asian Tertiery Hospital Asian Pac J of Cancer Prev 2010;11(4):913-7.
Choong LP, Taib NA, Rampal S, SAAD M, Bustam AZ, Yip CH. High tumour stage and margin clearance are still important prognostic factors for postmastectomy locoregional recurrence in Malaysia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2010;11(4):1409-16.
Kang P, Mariapun S, Phuah SY, Lim LS, Liu J, Yoon SY, Thong MK, Mohd Taib NA, Yip CH, Teo SH. 37.Kang P, Mariapun S, Phuah SY, Lim LS, Liu J, Yoon SY, Thong MK, Mohd Taib NA, Yip CH, Teo SH 2010. Large BRCA1 and BRCA2 genomic rearrangements in Malaysian high risk breast-ovarian cancer families.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Jul 9. [Epub ahead of print] DOI10.1007/s10549-010-1018-5
Naidu R, Har YC,Taib NAM. Genetic polymporphisms of Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) gene: Association between L55M or Q192R with breast cancer risk and clinic-pathological parameters. Pathol Oncolog Research 2010.
Naidu R, Har YC,TaibNAM. GLyoxalase 1Ala111Glu gene polymorphism: No association with breast cancer risk but correlated with absence of progerone recdeptor. Patholong International 2010;60(9) 614-620.
Ng CH, Lee KT, Taib NA, Yip CH. Experience with hookwire localisation excision biopsy at a medical centre in Malaysia. Singapore Med J 2010 Apr;51(4):306- 10.
Phua CE, Bustam AZ, Yip CH, Taib NA. 2010. Prognostic factors for elderly breast cancer patients in University Malaya Medical Centre, Malaysia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 11(5):1205-11.
Rozita AM, MARNIZA S, Mastura MY, Wam Zamaniah WI, Yip CH, Taib NA. Patterns of breast cancer relapse at university Malaya Medical Centre. JUMMEC 2010; 13(1): 25-34.
Rozita AM, MARNIZA S, Mastura MY, Wan Zamaniah WI, Yip CH, Taib NA, 2010. Patterns of breast cancer relapse at University of Malaya Medical Centre, JUMMEC 2010:13 (1):24-32.
Associations between hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) gene polymorphisms and risk of developing breast cancer. Naidu R, Har YC, Taib NA. Neoplasma. 2009;56(5):441-7
Fine needle aspiration biopsy, core needle biopsy or excision biopsy to diagnose breast cancer - which is the ideal method? Tham TM, Iyengar KR, Taib NA, Yip CH. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2009 Jan-Mar;10(1):155-8
Kong SS, Taib NA, Mahadeva S. 2009. Successful management of intussusception with total polyp clearance in Peutz- Jeghers syndrome using a combined endoscopic and surgical approach. BMJ Case Rep. pii: bcr08.2008.0628. Epub 2009 Apr 3.
Naidu R, Har YC, Taib NA. 2009. Polymorphism of FGFR4 Gly388Arg does not confer an increased risk to breast cancer development. Oncol Res. 18(2-3):65-71.
Predictors of axillary lymph node metastases in breast cancer: is there a role for minimal axillary surgery Yip CH, Taib NA, Tan GH, Ng KL, Yoong BK, Choo WY. World J Surg. 2009 Jan;33(1):54-7
Tan, G.H., Nur Aishah Taib, Choo, W.Y., Teo, S.H., Yip, C.H. (2009). Clinical characteristics of triple-negative breast cancer experience in an Asian Developing Country. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 10: 395-397.
Total parathyroidectomy under local anaesthesia for renal hyperparathyroidism. Cheong YT, Taib NA, Normayah K, Hisham AN. Asian J Surg. 2009 Jan;32(1):51-4
Yip CH, Taib NA, Tan GH, Ng KL, Yoong BK, Choo WY. (2009). Predictors of Axillary Lymph Node Metastases in Breast Cancer: Is There a Role for Minimal Axillary Surgery? World J Surg.33(1):54-57. Epub 2008 Oct 29.
Haron NH, Taib NA, Yip CH.Is clinical assessment of the axilla a reliable indicator for lymph node metastases in breast cancer?ANZ J Surg. 2008 Nov;78 (11):943-4.
Jayaram G, Hayati JN, Yip CH, Ranganathan S, Taib NA.Cytologic, histologic and immunocytochemical features in fine needle aspiration of paraganglioma-like variant of medullary carcinoma.Acta Cytol. 2008 Jan-Feb;52(1):119-21. No abstract available.
Mohamed E, Abdul-Rahman PS, Doustjalali SR, Chen Y, Lim BK, Omar SZ, Bustam AZ, Singh VA, Mohd-Taib NA, Yip CH, Hashim OH.Lectin-based electrophoretic analysis of the expression of the 35 kDa inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor heavy chain H4 fragment in sera of patients with five different malignancies. Electrophoresis. 2008 Jun;29(12):2645-50.
Mohd Taib NA, Yip CH, Mohamed I.Survival analysis of Malaysian women with breast cancer: results from the University of Malaya Medical Centre.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2008 Apr-Jun;9(2):197-202.
Naidu R, Yip CH, Taib NA.Polymorphisms of HER2 Ile655Val and cyclin D1 (CCND1) G870A are not associated with breast cancer risk but polymorphic allele of HER2 is associated with nodal metastases. Neoplasma. 2008;55(2):87-95.
Thirthagiri E, Lee SY, Kang P, Lee DS, Toh GT, Selamat S, Yoon SY, Taib NA, Thong MK, Yip CH, Teo SH. Evaluation of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations and risk-prediction models in a typical Asian country (Malaysia) with a relatively low incidence of breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res. 2008;10(4):R59. Epub 2008 Jul 16.
Toh GT, Kang P, Lee SS, Lee DS, Lee SY, Selamat S, Mohd Taib NA, Yoon SY, Yip CH, Teo SH.BRCA1 and BRCA2 germline mutations in Malaysian women with early-onset breast cancer without a family history.PLoS ONE. 2008 Apr 23;3(4):e2024.
Velaiutham S, Taib NA, Ng KL, Yoong BK, Yip CH.Does the pre-operative value of serum CA15-3 correlate with survival in breast cancer?Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2008 Jul-Sep;9(3):445-8
Naidu R, Har YC, Taib NA.P27 V109G Polymorphism is associated with lymph node metastases but not with increased risk of breast cancer.J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2007 Mar;26(1):133-40. PMID: 17550142 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Taib NA, Hisham AN.Follicular thyroid carcinoma with direct tumour extension into the great cervical veins and right atrium: is transcervical thrombectomy a safe option? Asian J Surg. 2007 Jul;30(3):216-9.
Taib NA, Yip CH, Ibrahim M, Ng CJ, Farizah H.Breast cancer in malaysia: are our women getting the right message? 10 year-experience in a single institution in Malaysia.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2007 Jan-Mar;8(1):141-5. Review.
NA Taib,CH Yip, SRanganathan, F Moosa, KS Mun. "Haemorrhaging lesion in the breast: is there a role for embolisation? ", 2006, Vol. 2, no. 3, pg. e30
Yip CH, Taib NA, Mohamed I. Epidemiology of breast cancer in Malaysia.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2006 Jul-Sep;7(3):369-74. Review.
CHYip, NA Taib "Breast Cancer in Pregnancy- our experience with six patients in the UHKL.Med J Malaysia Vol 55 No 3 Sept 2000:", Sept 2000, Vol. 55, no. 3, pg. 308-310
Ramanujam TM, Ramesh JC, Goh DW,Wong KT, Ariffin WA, Kumar G, NA Taib. , ""Malignant transformation of Mesenchymal Hamartoma of the Liver: Case Report and Review of the Literature. ", 1999, J Pediatr Surg, Vol. 34, no. 11, pg. 1684-1686
Chapter in Books
- Taib NA, Rahmat K. (2020). Benign Disorders of the Breast in Pregnancy and Lactation. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1252:43-51. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-41596-9_6.
Article in Proceeding
- Kang PCE, Kang IN, Sivanandan K, Thirthagiri E, Phuah SY, Miao H, Hartman M, Yoon SY, Thong MK, Mohd Taib NA, Yip CH, Teo SH. BRCA1 & BRCA2 mutations in Malaysian breast cancer patients. Proceedings of the 10th Asia-Pacific Conference on Human Genetics 5th 8th December 2012, Crowne Plaza Mutiara Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. (Oral presentation)
- Loh Foon Fong. Malaysia in dire need Oncologists. (2020). The Start Online. - The Start Online
- patients don't seek treatment when they see no hope . The Star Malaysia. 10 Jan 2020 - Online News Paper
- Nur Aishah Mohd Taib. (2019). Sinar. - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- Breast Cancer Highlight segment at TV3 news - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- Nur Aishah Mohd Taib. 2010. Passion for Health. Health and Beauty Magazine. - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- "Caring for the person with advance cancer-A guide for Family and Friends" Collaboraton with CAED University Putra Malaysia. Jul 06-Jul 09 - Translations
- Breast Cancer Segment - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- Surviving Breast Cancer in Malaysia - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- Launching of the Breast Awareness month-"Pink October" - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- Nur Aishah Mohd Taib. 2004. "Adjuvant Letrozole" in the management of breast cancer. - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- Nur Aishah Mohd Taib. 2004. Extended adjuvant Letrozole. Berita Harian Newspaper. - Mass Media(Newspaper,Radio,Tv,Popular Magazine)
- Genetic analysis of a selected gene in breast tumours. (Co-investigator) Principle Investigator Dr Rakesh Naidu, Department of Molecular Medicine. 2004 present
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Breast Screening Amongst Malaysian Medical Practitioners. Funded by Vote F (University of Malaya) 2004- present (principal investigator )
- Measuring Disability using ICF core sets in Breast Cancer Survivors. WHO Collaboration Project. Co-investigator. Principle Investigator; Dr. Lydia Latif, Rehabilitation Physician.
- Real-Life Extended Adjuvant Surveillance Study Upon Registration (REASSURE) Trial; Observational Study On The Use of LETROZOLE in The Extended Adjuvant Treatment Of Patients With Hormone-Receptor-Positive Early Breast Cancer. (Principle investigator) 2006
- Renal hyperparathyroidism in Hospital Kuala Lumpur (Sabbatical 2005)
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in UMMC
- Survival Analysis of Breast Cancer Patients presenting to the University of Malaya Medical Centre.(Principal Investigator) in Collaboration with Dr.Ibrahim Mohamed, Mathematical Institute, Science Faculty, University of Malaya. 2005-present
- Breast Cancer Delay
- Genetic Counselling
- Tocotrienols in breast cancer- pharmacokinetics and clinical outcomes. (Gamma delta tocotrienol)
- 2015 - 2030, High Impact Research (HIR)Malaysia Breast Cancer Cohort Study ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2020 - 2024, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS)Investigating The Mechanisms Involved In Cell-cycle Arrest And Mitochondrial Dysfunction Mediated By Dihydroorotate Dehydrogenase Inhibitors In Breast Cancer Cells ( Co-Researcher)
- 2019 - 2023, Others MOHE - Top 100 (IIRG)-HWBExploration Of Needs Of Patient And Health Systems In Implementing A Breast Cancer Survivorship Care Plan (scp) In Malaysia ( Co-Researcher)
- 2019 - 2022, Others MOHE - Top 100 (IIRG)-HWBImproving Quality Of Life Of Breast Cancer Patients In The Immediate Post-operative Setting Using The Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (eras) Pathway ( Co-Researcher)
- 2021 - 2022, Private Funding - Manage by UMCARESCancer Multisectoral Collaboration Network In Implementing A Pilot Cancer Early Dectection Community Project To Reduce Breast And Other Cancers Early Diagnosis Barriers In The Urban B40 Group In Taman Medan Pj ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2019 - 2022, Others MOHEIIRG REBUNG: Reducing barriers in Cancer Early Diagnosis in Urban B40 ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2019 - 2021, Others MOHEImproving Quality of Life of Breast Cancer patients in the Immediate and Survivorship Period ( Consultant)
- 2020 - 2021, Private FundingNewton Fund Impact Scheme: Community Education and Navigation Programme ( Consultant)
- 2017 - 2019, Prototype Research Grant Scheme (PRGS)Multidisciplinary Point of Care Data Capture for Innovative Healthcare: The i-Pesakit Breast Cancer Module prototype, enhancement of the University Malaya Medical Centre i-Pesakit electronic medical record ( Consultant)
- 2015 - 2017, MAKNAmicroRNA profiling at the invasive fronts of triple- negative breast cancer subtype ( Consultant)
- 2015 - 2017, Private FundingMONALEESA 7 BREAST CANCER STUDY ( Consultant)
- 2011 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project- Clinical Epidemiology -Y1 of 5 ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2012 - 2016, ROCHE educational grantCANCER AND ITS ECONOMIC IMPACT ON HOUSEHOLDS IN THE ASEAN COUNTRIES ( Consultant)
- 2012 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort (MyBCC) study- Physical Activity ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2012 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort (MyBCC) study- Nutrition ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2012 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project - Radiology ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2011 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project: Genetics ( Consultant)
- 2013 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Pathology ( Consultant)
- 2013 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Investigator Inititated Trial ( Consultant)
- 2013 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Immune Therapy Lab ( Consultant)
- 2013 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort (MyBCC) study-Xenobiotics ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project: Psychosocial aspect of Genetics in breast cancer ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project: Breast Health Initiatives: Delays in breast cancer presentation research ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2016, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project: Outcomes of breast surgery ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2015, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS)Pelantikan Jawatankuasa Penilaian & Pemantauan Geran Penyelidikan (JPPGP), Fakulti Perubatan ( -Commitee Member)
- 2013 - 2015, NONEProspective study of UDP-gluconoryltransferase (UGT) 2B17 genotype as a predictive marker of exemestane pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in Asian women with hormone receptor-positive advanced breast cancer ( Consultant)
- 2014 - 2015, Nova Satra HealthStudies of Epigenetic Changes in Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer ( Consultant)
- 2012 - 2014, Geran Penyelidikan Universiti Malaya (UMRG)Breast Cancer Education, Screening Services and Training Program of Females in the Population via Mobile Unit (MURNI) ( Consultant)
- 2013 - 2014, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort (MyBCC) study- Complementary and Alternative Medicine ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2014, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Breast Health Initiatives:Patient Decision Support Research ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2010 - 2014, High Impact Research (HIR)Breast Cancer Research Project (Clinical Epidemiology) ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2013, High Impact Research (HIR)Department Of Surgery ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2013, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Project:Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivorship Cohort (MyBCC) study- Study return to work ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2013, High Impact Research (HIR)High Impact Research Breast Cancer Projects:Breast Cancer Delays ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2013 - 2013, NONEAhli Jawatankuasa skim geran penyelidikan Fundamental (FRGS)dan skim geran penyelidikan eksploratori (ERGS) peringkat Universiti Malaya ( -committee members)
- 2011 - 2012, High Impact Research (HIR)Clinical and Biological Effects of Metformin in combination with Chemotherapy (FEC) in Locally Advanced Breast Cancer in Malaysia - a pilot study ( Consultant)
- 2008 - 2009, Short Term Research Fund (Vote F)(PJP)Why Women Present with Advance Breast Cancer- A Qualitative Study ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2007 - 2008, Short Term Research Fund (Vote F)(PJP)Identification and characterizations of genetic factors that underlie breast cancer development in Malaysian patients ( Consultant)
- 2006 - 2008, ScienceFundImproving breast cancer management delivery through the development of a comprehensive data management system and survival analysis (ScienceFund - 11-02- 03-1015) ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2005 - 2006, Short Term Research Fund (Vote F)(PJP)Breast Cancer Screening Among Malaysian General Practitioners ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2022 - 2024, Private FundingGreater Petaling City Cancer Challenge Needs Assessment, Action Planning And Sustainability Implementation ( Principal Investigator(PI))
- 2020 - 2021, Newton Fund Impact SchemeImproving early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer among multi-ethnic rural communities in Malaysia the implementation of the community education and navigation programme (CENP), Monash University Malaysia campus ( Co-Researcher)
- 2011 - 2013, Iniversity of Leeds,The burden of advanced stage breast cancer due to delays: establishing a Psychosocial-cultural Cancer Research Network between Leeds (UK), Middle East (ME) and Southeast Asia (SEA) ( Consultant)
- 2007 - 2012, IRPACollaborative project between University of Malaya and Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation (CARIF) 2007-2012. A Multi-Pronged Tackle of Three Cancers Relevant to Malaysians: Searching for the Presence of Predisposition Genes, Mutation Screening for Predisposition Genes for Risk Assessment for Breast, Oral and Nasopharyngeal Cancers. ( Consultant)
- 2005 - 2008, International Breast Cancer Research GroupPhase 3 Randomized Study of Luteal Phase vs Follicular Phase Surgical Oophorectomy and Tamoxifen in premenopausal women with metastatic hormone-receptor positive breast cancer Multicentric international study in collaboration with the International Breast Cancer Research Group ( Consultant)
- 2003 - 2007, OrganonA multi-national, multicentre randomized, double-blind, parallel group, placebo-controlled clinical trial to investigate safety and efficacy of tibolone (Org OD14) in women with climacteric symptoms and a history of breast cancer ( Consultant)
- 2019 - 2022, Private FundingPhase Ii Randomized Controlled Trial Tiger Milk Mushroom (tm02) In Patients With Breast Cancer ( Co-Researcher)
- Expert Committee Untuk Penilaian Teknologi Kesihatan (Hta) Bertajuk Molecular Profiling for Breast Cancer, BAHAGIAN PERKEMBANGAN PERUBATAN, Consultant21 Jun 2021 - 20 Jun 2024 (National)
- City-Wide Capacity Strengthening of Multidisciplinary Team (Mdt) in Breast Cancer, City Cancer Challenge (C/Can) Foundation, Project Leader/Lead Consultant01 Mar 2022 - 30 Apr 2023 (National)
- Ahli Jawatankuasa Kecil Penilaian Kepakaran Perubatan (Jkkpkp) Bagi Bidang Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Majlis Perubatan Malaysia (Mpm), MAJLIS PERUBATAN MALAYSIA (MPM), Consultant23 Jan 2022 - 22 Jan 2024 (National)
- National Oncology Summit 2022, Astra Zeneca (Malaysia), Consultant02 Jul 2022 - 02 Jul 2022 (National)
- Ahli Jawatankuasa Kecil Penilaian Kepakaran Perubatan (Jkkpkp) Bagi Bidang Breast & Endocrine Surgery Majlis Perubatan Malaysia (Mpm), Majlis Perubatan Malaysia (Malaysian Medical Council)01 Nov 2019 - 01 Nov 2021 (National)
- Mesyuarat Ahli Jawatankuasa Latihan Subkepakaran Breast & Endocrine Surgery, Hospital Kuala Lumpur01 Jul 2020 - 01 Jul 2020 (National)
- Jemputan Sebagai Panel Pemeriksa 'Exit Examinations' Bagi Calon Program Latihan Subkepakaran Breast & Endocrine Surgery 01/2020, Hospital Kuala Lumpur01 Jul 2020 - 01 Jul 2020 (National)
- Pemeriksa Bagi Peperiksaan Ijazah Sarjana Sains Perubatan Secara Penyelidikan, University of malaya01 Mar 2019 - 01 Mar 2020 (National)
- Moh Systemic Protocol for Breast Cancer (Reviewer), Ministry of Health01 Dec 2019 - 01 Dec 2019 (National)
- Patient Navigation in Breast Cancer, Ministry of Health01 Dec 2016 - 01 Dec 2019 (National)
- Economist Intelligence Unit Healthcare: Invitation to Round-Table Discussion On Patient Access to Innovative Therapies, The Economist01 Dec 2019 - 01 Dec 2019 (International)
- 3rd Selangor Breast Update, hospital selayang01 Mar 2018 - 01 Mar 2018 (National)
- Mesyuarat Pembentangan Protokol Clinical Practice Guideline (Cpg) Management of Breast Cancer 3rd Edition. Review Committee Meeting, Ministry of Health01 Feb 2017 - 01 Feb 2018 (National)
- Ahli Jawatankuasa Program Latihan Subkepakaran / Fellowship Ppum, Pusat Perubatan University Malaya01 Aug 2016 - 01 Aug 2018 (National)
- Seminar "Breast & Endocrine Surgery Fellowship Meeting", Hospital Sultan Ismail01 Jul 2018 - 01 Jul 2018 (National)
- Roundtable - Saving Lives Through Better Access to Cancer Treatment in Malaysia, The Galen Centre for Health and Social Policy01 Dec 2017 - 01 Dec 2018 (National)
- Mesyuarat Cadangan Pengunaan Teknologi 3d Electric Impedance Tomography (Eit) Bagi Pengesan Awal Kanser Payudara Menggunakan Peruntukan Di Bawah Program Subsidi Ujian Mammogram, Lembaga Penduduk dan Pembangunan Keluarga Negara (LPPKN)01 May 2016 - 01 May 2016 (National)
- Health Risk Assesment (Hra) Module for Breast Cancer, Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia01 Sep 2015 - 01 Sep 2015 (National)
- Perlantikan Sebagai Pemeriksa Bagi Peperiksaan Konjoin Sarjana Perubatan Surgeri (M.Med Surgery) Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Universiti Sains Malaysia01 Jun 2015 - 01 Jun 2015 (National)
- Mesyuarat Mengemaskini National Strategic Plan Cancer Control Programme 2016, Bahagian Kawalan Penyakit, Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia01 Mar 2015 - 01 Mar 2015 (National)
- Pemeriksa Klinikal Kes Pendek Bagi Peperiksaanakhir Doktor Pakar Surgeri Sesi Okt/Nov 2014, Pusat Perubatan Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia01 Dec 2014 - 01 Dec 2014 (National)
- Jemputan Sebagai Panel Pemeriksa "Exit Examination" Bagi Calon Program Latihan Subkepakaran Breast & Endocrine Surgery, JABATAN PEMBEDAHAN AM, HOSPITAL KUALA LUMPUR01 Sep 2014 - 01 Sep 2014 (National)
- Laporan Pengadil Peribadi Untuk Kenaikan Pangkat Ke Jawatan Profesor Madya Di Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia- Dr. Sharifah Majedah Binti Idrus Alhabshi, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia01 Dec 2013 - 01 Dec 2013 (National)
- Roche The Scientific Partnership for Her2 Testing Excellence (Sphere) Programme, ROCHE01 Jun 2013 - 01 Jun 2013 (International)
- Are Our Women Getting The Right Message- 10-year experience in a single institution in Malaysia., Pre-summit Scientific Conference, National Summit on Breast Cancer Education., CAED, University Putra Malaysia (International) (18 Mar 2006)
- Making Decisions for Risk Management, Clinician Webinar - BRCA Testing and Risk management, UM (National) (18 Oct 2020 - 18 Oct 2020)
- Breast Cancer RIsk and Awareness, TAC Public Forum, Making Smart Decisions on Genetic Testing, UM, TAC, CRM (National) (18 Oct 2020 - 18 Oct 2020)
- Forum, Building Malaysia's Capacity to Treat Cancer for the Next 5 Years, Galen Centre for Health and Social Policy (National) (20 Jun 2020 - 20 Jun 2020)
- NIL, The 2018 Malaysian Medical Summit , Malaysian Medics International (National) (18 Aug 2018 - 19 Aug 2018)
- Breast lump-what do I do?, Excellence in breast cancer therapy and support , Pink Ribbon Wellness (L) Foundation (National) (12 Aug 2018 - 12 Aug 2018)
- Factors that effect local recurrence and survival in breast cancer & introduction to IORT in breast cancer management, 3rd Selangor Breast Update, Jabatan Pembedahan AM, Hospital Selayang (National) (28 Jun 2018 - 28 Jun 2018)
- Updates on tocotrienols and cancer, MPOB International Palm Oil Congress and Exhibition 2017, Malaysian Palm Oil Board (National) (14 Nov 2017 - 16 Nov 2017)
- Challenges in providing centralised cancer survivorship services, Policy Roundtable Meeting On Asean Costs In Oncology (Action) Study: Survivorship Care In National Cancer Control Planning ,, Institut Kanser Negara Bersama Pusat Penyelidikan Klinikal Negara, Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia dan Julius Centre Universiti Malaya (National) (12 Sep 2017 - 12 Sep 2017)
- Axillary staging: sentinel node biopsy, Malaysian Medical Students Summit 2017, MMI Malaysia (University) (29 Jul 2017 - 30 Jul 2017)
- Updates in Breasr Cancer Treatment: Breast conserving surgery and Intra Operative Radiotherapy , 22nd National Perioperative Nursing Seminar 2017, Malaysian Nursses Association Perioperative Special Interest Group (National) (29 Jul 2017 - 30 Jul 2017)
- Genetic Testing and Genetic Counselling for Ovarian Cancer Workshop, Genetic Testing and Genetic Counselling for Breast Cancer , Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Malaysia & Cancer Research Malaysia (National) (10 Jan 2016 - 10 Jan 2016)
- Management of benign breast disease & Latest trials on management of breast carcinoma, Perak Surgical Update 2015, Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun,Ipoh (Others) (07 Sep 2015 - 08 Sep 2015)
- STEPS to preventing Breast cancer recurrence, 2nd teaching symposium for breast cancer survivors and care givers, Pink Ribbon Wellness (L) Foundation (National) (20 Mar 2015 - 20 Mar 2015)
- Role and Expectation of a breast care nurse, 4th Specialist Breast Care Nurse Course, Jabatan Pembedahan, Hospital Putrajaya (Others) (08 Nov 2014 - 08 Nov 2014)
- Breast Abscess:management protocol, The 11th congress of the Asian Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, Asian Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology  (International) (30 Oct 2014 - 01 Nov 2014)
- Intensive course breast & endocrine for part II examination, Penceramah untuk `Intensive course breast & endocrine for part II examination', Unit payudara & endokrin, Jabatan Surgeri, Pusat Perubatan Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (University) (30 Sep 2014 - 30 Sep 2014)
- Misconceptions in Breast cancer, SEMINAR KESEDARAN KANSER PAYUDARA, Jabatan Pembedahan Am (Department of General Surgery) Hospital Kuala Lumpur (National) (13 Sep 2014 - 13 Sep 2014)
- Challenges in managing breast cancer patients in Malaysia, Stand By Me, Jointly organized by University Malaya Medical Centre and JCI Petaling Jaya (23 Aug 2014 - 23 Aug 2014)
- Hereditary breast cancer, Penang Interdiciplinary Surgical Symposium (PISS) 2014, Hospital Pulau Pinang (International) (11 Apr 2014 - 12 Apr 2014)
- Screening & Management of Breast Cancer, HTAR Female Cancer Month April 2014 : Choosing Life, Empowering Awareness, Jabatan Obstetrik dan Ginekologi, Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang (06 Apr 2014 - 06 Apr 2014)
- update on screening & management of female cancers, Seminar on update on screening & management of female cancers, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, HTAR Klang (Others) (05 Apr 2014 - 06 Apr 2014)
- Update On Screening & Management of Female Cancers, Seminar on Update On Screening & Management of Female Cancers, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, HTAR Klang (National) (05 Apr 2014 - 06 Apr 2014)
- POPULATION BASED VERSUS TARGET HIGH RISK POPULATION FOR CANCER SCREENING, Symposium 5, Persidangan Kesihatan Awam Kebangsaan Kali Ke 7, Persatuan Pakar Perubatan Kesihatan Awam  (National) (11 Nov 2013 - 13 Nov 2013)
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy Workshop & Breast Cancer Surgery Masterclass, Breast Cancer Surgery Masterclass, Breast and Endocrine Unit Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, UKM Medical Centre (National) (23 Sep 2013 - 24 Sep 2013)
- "Challenges of Breast Cancer In Malaysia"., National Women Seminar at Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia (HUSM), Department Of Radiology,Universiti Sains Malaysia (University) (19 Jun 2013 - 20 Jun 2013)
- National Women Seminar 2013:Future Direction, National Women Seminar 2013, Pusat Sumber Kanser Payudara (PS1) Hospital USM in collaboration with Department of RadiologyUSM (National) (19 Jun 2013 - 20 Jun 2013)
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING & ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING, ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING & ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING, COLLEGE OF SURGEONS, ACADEMY OF MEDICINE OF MALAYSIA (National) (31 May 2013 - 02 Jun 2013)
- Controversies in Neoadjuvant Therapy for Breast Cancer, Asia-Pacific Breast Cancer Summit , Malaysia Oncological Society Malaysia (International) (12 Apr 2013 - 13 Apr 2013)
- Training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, Asia-Pacic Breast Cancer Summit- Pre-Conference Workshop Scientific Program Cancer Summit, Malaysia Oncological Society Malaysia (International) (11 Apr 2013 - 11 Apr 2013)
- Keistimewaan Vitamin E berasaskan Sawit, Program Santai Sawit, Lembaga Minyak Sawit Malaysia (National) (17 Mar 2013 - 17 Mar 2013)
- Breast Cancer Surgery (Symposium 2 Talk B) , Annual Scientific Congress of Malaysian Oncological Society (Ascomos) 2012, Malaysia Oncology Society (National) (07 Sep 2012 - 07 Sep 2012)
- Psychosocial Research in Breast Cancer, Research in Breast Cancer, Hospital Kuala Lumpur (National) (05 Mar 2012 - 05 Mar 2012)
- MAMMOGRAPHY & The Impact of Early Breast Cancer Detection-The Role of Multidisciplinary Diagnostic Team, RADIOGRAPHER'S ROLE IN INTERNATIONALE MAMMOGRAPHY, DEPT OF BIOMEDICAL IMAGING EDUCATION (University) (01 Jul 2011 - 16 Jul 2011)
- Surgery for Breast Cancer Focus on controversies, The Art of Oncology Breast Cancer Meeting New Angles, New Facets, New Perspectives (11 Jun 2011 - 12 Jun 2011)
- Why Women Come Late, College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia Annual Meeting (CSAMM) 2011, College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (National) (19 May 2011 - 22 May 2011)
- Breast cancer in pregnancy, 18th Annual Congress of the perinatal society of Malaysia., Perinatal Society of Malaysia (National) (17 Mar 2011 - 20 Mar 2011)
- Hereditary Breast Cancer, Medical Genetics Conference, Genetic Unit, Hospital Kuala Lumpur Department of Paediatrics, University of Malaya (National) (12 Dec 2008 - 14 Dec 2008)
- BREAST CANCER RISK FACTORS,DIAGNOSIS AND SCREENING, 1ST UMMC BREAST CANCER PUBLIC FORUM "THRIVING THROUGH HOPE AND HEALING", BREAST CANCER RESOURCE CENTRE,UMMC (University) (18 Oct 2014 - 18 Oct 2014)
- 6th General Assembly of Asian Pacific Organizer for Cancer Prevention , 6th General Assembly of Asian Pacific Organizer for Cancer Prevention , APOCP (International) (26 Apr 2012 - 29 Apr 2012)
- Barriers to operationalizing investigator initiated cancer clinical trials in Malaysia, Early Phase Cancer Clinical Trials Symposium and Workshop, UMCRI (International) (13 Dec 2011 - 16 Dec 2011)
- Models for Breast Cancer intervention and practice based research , Psychosocial Research in Breast Cancer , Breast Cancer Research Group, UM CRI (International) (01 Dec 2011 - 01 Dec 2011)
- Breast Cancer Survival in Malaysia , Asian Breast Cancer Research Meeting, Department of Surgery, University of Malaya CARIF Medical University of Vienna Asian Regional Office, UICC (International) (14 Nov 2008 - 16 Nov 2008)
- A Process Model For Stakeholder Engagement And Management For The REBUNG Cancer Early Cancer Diagnosis Pilot Project For An Underserved Urban Population In Selangor, Malaysia, Persidangan Kependudukan Kebangsaan 2022, Kementerian Pembangunan Wanita, Keluarga dan Masyarakat (KPWKM) & Lembaga Penduduk dan Pembangunan Keluarga Negara (LPPKN) (National) (10 Nov 2022 - 11 Nov 2022)
- Early Experience With A Breast and Ovarian Cancer Risk Management Clinic., CSAMM 2011, College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (National) (19 May 2011 - 22 May 2011)
- Epidemiology of Breast Cancer, East Coast Symposium 2011 (National) (21 Apr 2011 - 21 Apr 2011)
- Late Presentation of Breast Cancer in Malaysia: Opportunities for Action, 42nd Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health Conference 2010, Universitas Indonesia (UI) (International) (24 Nov 2010 - 27 Nov 2010)
- Postmastectomy locoregional recurrence in Malaysia:experience from the University Malaya Medical Centre.(Finalist for Breast Surgery International best paper prize session). International Surgical Week, Adelaide, Australia,, International Surgical Week (International) (06 Oct 2010 - 10 Oct 2009)
- Dying at Diagnosis - Fatalism in Breast Cancer in Kuala Lumpur: A qualitative Enquiry , ASEAN Regional Union of Psychological Societies (ARUPS) 3 rd Congress 2010, ASEAN Regional Union of Psychological Societies  (International) (02 Oct 2010 - 03 Jan 2012)
- Dying at Diagnosis-Fatalism in Breast Cancer in Kuala Lumpur: A Qualitative enquiry , ARUPS (Asean Regional Union of Psychological Societies) 3rd Congress 2010, Malaysian Psychological Association (PSIMA), HELP University College, International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS)  (International) (02 Oct 2010 - 02 Oct 2010)
- Why do women present with advanced breast cancer in Malaysia. A Qulaitative Enquiry., The 5th Asian Pacific Organisation for Cancer prevention General Assembly Conference., Asia Pacific Organisation of Cancer Prevention (International) (03 Apr 2010 - 07 Apr 2012)
- Impact of defaulting treatment: Halving the survival time for 1466 breast cancer patients in UMMC., College of Surgeons Academy of Medicine of Malaysia AGM and Annual Scientific Meeting. (01 Jan 2009)
- Low risk of contralateral breast cancer Rates in Asian Women- A case for Not Recommending contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy, The San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium , UT Medicine, Health Science Center San Antonio (International) (08 Dec 2015 - 12 Dec 2015)
- Ethnic differences in the association between tumor size and lymph node status among breast cancer patients in South East Asia., 34th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2011  (International) (06 Dec 2011 - 10 Dec 2011)
- Adjuvant! Online is overoptimistic in predicting survival of Asian breast cancer patients, 34th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2011 (International) (06 Dec 2011 - 10 Dec 2011)
- EARLY EXPERIENCE IN A BREAST AND OVARIAN CANCER RISK MANAGEMENT CLINIC IN MALAYSIA., A combined meeting of kConFab, Australian Breast Cancer Family Study, Australasian Colorectal Cancer Family Study, Australian Ovarian Cancer Study, Family Cancer Clinics of Australia and New Zealand & kConFab Familial Cancer 2011: Research and Practice  (International) (23 Aug 2011 - 26 Aug 2011)
- A Framework For Intervention In The Asia Pacific Region: Stages Of Breast Cancer Delay Model., 4th International Cancer Control Congress, National Cancer Centre, Republic of Korea (International) (03 May 2011 - 05 May 2011)
- Advanced Presentation of Breast Cancer in Malaysia: Opportunities for Action, 33rd Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 2010, Cancer Therapy & Research Center at UT Health Science Center San Antonio, the American Association for Cancer Research, and Baylor College of Medicine. (International) (08 Dec 2010 - 12 Dec 2010)
- Validation of the Supportive Care Needs Survey Short form-34 (SCNS-SF34), Asia Link Programme, Asia Link (International) (27 Nov 2010 - 28 Nov 2010)
- Validation of the supportive Care Needs Survey Form-34 (SCNS-SF34) In Malaysian Breast Cancer Patients, ARUPS (Asean Regional Union of Psychological Societies) 3rd Congress 2010 , Malaysian Psychological Association (PSIMA), HELP University College, International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS)  (International) (02 Oct 2010 - 03 Oct 2010)
- Supportive Care needs in Malaysian Breast Cancer patients, 9th Roche Asia Oncology Forum, Roche (International) (01 Jan 2010)
- Breast Cancer in Malaysia : 10 Year-Experience in A Single Institution In Malaysia., International Surgical Week  (International) (26 Aug 2007 - 30 Aug 2007)
- An audit of axillary dissection in the University Malaya Medical Centre - is there a role for minimal axillary surgery?, International Surgical Week (01 Jan 2007)
- Survival analysis of 413 Malaysian women with breast cancer: results from the University of Malaya Medical Centre., Annual General Meeting & Annual Scientific Meeting, College of Surgeons and Academy of Medicine (01 Jan 2007)
- Is Clinical Assessment Of The Axilla A Reliable Indicator For The Level Of Axillary Dissection?, Annual General Meeting & Annual Scientific Meeting. College of Surgeons and Academy of Medicine. (01 Jan 2007)
- Breast Cancer Patient navigation programme- A breast care nurse led navigation project, Konvensyen Quality Peringkat Kebangsaan ke-8, Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (National) (19 Oct 2015 - 22 Oct 2015)
- Barriers and motivators towards uptake of risk-reducing strategies and educational needs of Malaysian BRCA mutation carriers, 3rd Joint Cancer Genetics Group Meeting and 14th International Meeting on the Psychosocial Aspects of Hereditary Cancer , British Society for Genetic Medicine Clinical Genetics Unit Birmingham Women s Hospital (International) (05 May 2015 - 07 May 2015)
- Attitude towards the risk-reducing strategies uptake of breast and ovarian cancers in Malaysian BRCA mutation carriers, Global Breast Cancer Conference 2015 & 4th International Breast Cancer Symposium, Korean Breast Cancer Society (International) (23 Apr 2015 - 25 Apr 2015)
- POPULATION BASED VERSUS TARGET HIGH RISK POPULATION FOR CANCER SCREENING, PERSIDANGAN KESIHATAN AWAM KEBANGSAAN KE-7, KEMENTERIAN KESIHATAN MALAYSIA (National) (12 Nov 2013 - 12 Nov 2013)
- Asian Breast Cancer Research Meeting Singapore-Malaysia Breast Cancer Working Group (SMBCWG), Asian Breast Cancer Research Meeting Singapore-Malaysia Breast Cancer Working Group (SMBCWG), University of Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC)/ University of Malaya (UM), Malaysia (International) (28 Oct 2013 - 29 Oct 2013)
- Epidemiology of breast cancer in Malaysia, POW WOW 2015, Pfizer (National) (21 Nov 2015 - 22 Nov 2015)
- Annual General Meeting & Annual Scientific Meeting, Annual General Meeting & Annual Scientific Meeting, College of Surgeon, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (National) (29 May 2015 - 31 May 2015)
- Delayed Breast Implant Reconstruction and Lipomodelling, Annual Scientific Meeting, College Of Surgeon (Others) (28 May 2015 - 28 May 2015)
- SEMINAR KESEDARAN KANSER PAYUDARA, SEMINAR KESEDARAN KANSER PAYUDARA, JABATAN PEMBEDAHAN AM, HOSPITAL KUALA LUMPUR (National) (13 Oct 2014 - 13 Oct 2014)
- The evolution of oncoplastic breast surgery in the era of personalized medicine , 2nd Congress of the Japan Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Society (JOPBS), The Japan Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Society (International) (03 Oct 2014 - 04 Oct 2014)
- Understanding the evidence and risk communication, Annual General Meeting & Annual Scientific Meeting, College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (National) (23 May 2014 - 25 May 2014)
- professional advices, SPHERE Advisory Board Meeting, SPHERE (Scientific Partnership for HER2 Testing Excellence) (International) (11 May 2014 - 11 May 2014)
- Panel pemeriksa 'Exit Examinations', Program Latihan Subkepakaran Breast & Endocrine Surgery, Jabatan Pembedahan Am,Hospital Kuala Lumpur (National) (28 Apr 2014 - 28 Apr 2014)
- Oncology, Health, Science, Research, Cancer, Asian Oncology Summit 2014 and 10th OOTR Annual Conference, Organisation for Oncology and Translational Research (International) (11 Apr 2014 - 13 Apr 2014)
- International Research Symposium on Population Health 2013, Centre of Population Health (CePH), University Malaya, 1)Opening Ceremony of the International Research Symposium on Population Health 2013 2.Dinner in conjunction with the International Research Symposium on Population Health 2013, Centre for Population Health (CePH) Department of Social and Preventive Medicine Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya  (University) (19 Nov 2013 - 19 Nov 2013)
- Opening Ceremony of the International Research Symposium on Population Health 2013 & Dinner in conjunction with the International Research Symposium on Population Health 2013 , International Research Symposium on Population Health 2013, Centre of Population Health (CePH), University Malaya, Centre for Population Health (CePH) Department of Social and Preventive Medicine Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya  (International) (19 Nov 2013 - 19 Nov 2013)
- Global Breast Cancer Conference 2013, Global Breast Cancer Conference 2013, Global Breast Cancer Conference 2013 (International) (10 Oct 2013 - 12 Oct 2013)
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING & ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING OF THE COLLEGE OF SURGEONS, AMM, PRE-CONGRESS SILENT MENTOR WORKSHOP BREAST ONCOPLASTIC SURGERY, COLLEGE OF SURGEONS, ACADEMY OF MEDICINE OF MALAYSIA (National) (30 May 2013 - 30 May 2013)
- Basic Surgical Skills Workshop, Basic Surgical Skills Workshop, Advanced Surgical Skills Centre (National) (27 Apr 2013 - 27 Apr 2013)
- COLLEGE OF SURGEON MALAYSIA WITH ADVANCED SURGICAL SKILLS CENTRE, BASIC SURGICAL SKILLS WORKSHOP, ADVANCED SURGICAL SKILLS CENTRE, PUSAT PERUBATAN UNIVERSITI KEBANGSAAN MALAYSIA (University) (27 Apr 2013 - 27 Apr 2013)
- Master Class in General Surgery 2012, Master Class in General Surgery 2012, Department of Medicine, USM (National) (06 Apr 2012 - 06 Apr 2012)
- EMPOWERED The Cancer Advocacy Society of Malaysia, EMPOWERED The Cancer Advocacy Society of Malaysia (21 Nov 2010 - 21 Nov 2010)
- Chairperson of Theme 3: Cancer prevention and survivorship, UM-QUB Public Health Research Collaboration Symposium: Improving population health through translational research  (University) (13 Jul 2010)
- (2023) Pengulas Luaran Jawatankuasa Etika Penyelidikan Perubatan, Ppum, University, (Reviewer)
- (2022) Penilaian Teknologi Kesihatan "Molecular Profiling for Breast Cancer" Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia, National, (External Assessor)
- (2020) PELANTIKAN SEBAGAI PENGULAS LUARAN JAWATANKUASA ETIKA PENYELIDIKAN PERUBATAN, PUSAT PERUBATAN UNIVERSITI MALAYA, (PENGULAS LUARAN)
- (2019) Pelantikan sebagain ahli jawatankuasa teknikal dan task force bagi perkhidmatan pencegahan dan saringan/pengesanan awal kanser payudara peringkat kebangsaan. 2019- -To guide policymakers in Ministry of Health for early diagnosis of breast cancer , (Advisory Committee)
- (2016) Jemputan sebagai panel pemeriksa "Exit Examinations" bagi calon Program Latihan subkepakaran Breast & Endocrine Surgery 2016, (External Examiner)
- (2010) Conjoint Examination of the Masters of Surgery , (External Examiner)
- (2009) Indian Journal of Cancer, (Reviewer)
- (2009) Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health , (Reviewer)
Contribution to external organisation
- (2023) Stream-Ap Advisory Board Meeting, International, (Expert Advisor)
- (2023) Amm Representative to The Clinical Practice Guidelines, Ministry of Health Malaysia, National, (Resource Person)
- (2023) Ahli Jawatankuasa Penasihat Teknikal Clinical Practice Guidelines (Cpg), National, (Technical Advisor)
- (2023) Project Leader, City-Wide Capacity Strengthening of Multidisciplinary Team (Mdt) in Breast Cancer as a City Technical Expert, International, (Technical Advisor)
- (2023) Ahli Jawatankuasa Kecil Penilaian Kepakaran Perubatan (Jkkpkp) Bagi Bidang Breast & Endocrine Surgery, National, (Expert Advisor)
- (2023) Ahli Jawantankuasa Penasihat Teknikal Clinical Practice Guidelines (Cpg), National, (Technical Advisor)
- (2023) Breast Surgery International Council Member, International, (Expert Advisor)
- (2023) Technical Committee Lead for City Cancer Challenge (C/Can) Greater Petaling, International, (Technical Advisor)
- (2023) Member of City Executive Committee in Greater Petaling, National, (Expert Advisor)
- (2022) Usm Breast Cancer Research Strategic Meeting 2022, National, (Expert Advisor)
- (2022) W.H.O. Global Breast Cancer Initiative Technical Committee, International, (Technical Advisor)
- (2010) Research Netwrok, The United Kingdom-Sout East Asia-Middle East Psychosocial Cancer Network, International
- (2009) Research Network, Singapore-Malaysia Breast Cancer Working Group, International
Contribution to event
- (2022) Moderator / Committee, National, (Panelist/Moderator)
- (2022) Health System Round Table for Ministry of Health White Paper, National, (Participant)
- (2022) Expert Panel, National, (Panelist/Moderator)
- (2022) Selhep Selangor Health Partnership Proposal Finalist Pitch, National, (Discourse)
- (2022) Tv3 Wanita Hari Ini. Mutasi Genetik Kanser Https://Youtu.Be/C0b74ym1jcc, National, (Panelist/Moderator)
- (2022) Harian Metro: Keluarga Warisi Gen Mutasi, National, (Interview)
- (2022) Wanita Hari Ini, Tv3,Pentingnya Kesedaran Kanser Payudara, National, (Discourse)
- (2022) The Star: Support for Cancer Patients, National, (Interview)
- (2022) Options: Cancer Research Malaysia Launches First-Ever Asian Risk Calculator for Breast Cancer, National, (Interview)
- (2022) Malaymail: Malaysian Scientists Create Arica for Asian Women to Determine Likelihood of Inheriting Faulty Brca Gene for Prevention of Cancer, National, (Interview)
- (2022) Yahoo News: Malaysian Scientists Create Arica for Asian Women to Determine Likelihood of Inheriting Faulty Brca Gene for Prevention of Cancer, National, (Interview)
- (2022) Mywinet.Com: Assessing An Asian Breast Cancer Patient S Risk of Having The Brca Gene, National, (Interview)
- (2022) The Star: Assessing An Asian Breast Cancer Patient's Risk of Having The Brca Gene, National, (Interview)
- (2022) The Star Media Live: Seek Treatment Early, There is Hope, National, (Panelist/Moderator)
- (2022) The Rakyat Post: Malaysian Team Develops New Tool to Determine Likelihood of Inheriting a Faulty Brca Gene Among Asian Breast Cancer Patients, National, (Interview)
- (2020) Code Blue: Can We Provide Urgent Intermediate Cancer Care Amidst Covid 19?, National, (Discourse)
Under Graduate Students
- (2007) Natural history of patients with papillary lesions of the breast-Medical Student Phase 3A elective
- (2006) Knowledge and Practice on Breast Cancer Screening Amongst Medical Practitioners in Klang Valley-Medical Student Phase 3A elective
- (2006) Knowledge and Practice on Breast Cancer Screening Amongst Medical Practitioners in Klang Valley Medical Student Phase 2 elective
- (2005) Knowledge and Practice of Breast Screening among medical practitioners in UMMC
- (2004) Non-palpable lesions in the breast- audit of hook wire localisation biopsy.Medical Student Phase 3A elective
- (2004) Breat Cancer Screening Practice and Knowledge Amongst Women in UMMedical Student Phase 3A elective
- (2003) Women Presenting With Breast Lumps In UMMC-Is There A Delay? Medical Student Phase 3 elective
- (2003) Women presenting with breast lump In Hospital Kota Bharu is there a delay? Medical Student Phase 3 elective
(2022) IMMUNOMODULATORY EFFECTS OF NATURAL COMPOUNDS IN BREAST CANCER, PUVANESWARI A/P MEGANATHAN
(2022) THE DEVELOPMENT OF A COGNITIVE INTERVENTION MODULE FOR POST-CHEMOTHERAPY BREAST CANCER SUPERVISORS, SYARIFAH MAISARAH BINTI SYED ALWI
(2022) Risk Management of Breast Cancer in Unaffected and Affected Malaysian Women with BRCA Mutations: Psychosocial Aspects of Decision-Making and Development of a Culturally Appropriate Intervention Tool., YEOH KAR SEE
(2022) FACTORS LEADING TO LATE STAGE CANCER DIAGNOSIS IN BREAST CANCER PATIENTS, ZURAIHAN BINTI DAHARI
(2022) Developing and Pilot Testing of a Health Communication Campaign on Awareness of Early Cancer Detection among Urban Poor B40 Setting using Community Based Participatory Action Research (CBPAR) Approach, NURHYIKMAH BINTI MOHAMAD LOTHFI
(2021) OVARIAN CANCER RISK MANAGEMENT IN MALAYSIAN BRCA MUTATION CARRIERS: DEVELOPMENT OF A DECISION AID, HAMIZAH BINTI HJ SA'AT
(2018) Establishing an Electronic Breast Cancer Medical Record Module with Automation for Patient Care and Research: A clinical workflow-based solution in University Malaya Medical Centre, Nurul Aqilah binti Mohd Nor
(2018) APPLICATION OF DATA SCIENCE TECHNIQUES IN ANALYSING PROGNOSTICATION OF MALAYSIAN BREAST CANCER PATIENTS, MOGANA DARSHINI GANGGAYAH
(2017) Risk Management of Breast Cancer in Unaffected and Affected Malaysian Women with BRCA Mutations: Psychosocial Aspects of Decision-Making and Development of a Culturally Appropriate Intervention Tool., YEOH KAR SEE
(2015) The role of FABP7 in the progression of triple negative breast cancer, Kwong Soke Chee
(2015) Risk-reducing management for ovarian cancer in affected and unaffected Malaysian BRCA mutation carriers; decision making, uptake, and intervention, Hamizah Binti Hj Sa'at
(2011) Breast Cancer Delay, Noor Mastura Mujar
(2011) Studies on Distribution & Biological Interactions of Phytoestrogens as Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) in biological system and environment, Rafidah Hod
(2019) Implementation of in-hospital financial support team in improving adherence to treatment among breast cancer patients., Liew Vin Sern
(2019) A comparison in the quality of life following mastectomy and breast conserving surgery among breast cancer survivors in UMMC, Siaw Jia Yng
(2017) ERAS in breast surgery, Kavinya Diana A/P T. Nadesalingam
(2016) Incidence And Risk Factors Of Post Mastectomy Surgical Site Infection Among Breast Cancer Patient In UMMC - The Role Of SSI Prevention Bundle In Major Breast Cancer Surgery, Sindhu Nair A/P Vijaya Seharan
(2015) Vitamin D and risk of breast cancer, Anis Hazirah Binti Asmali Jauhari
(2015) Survival Analysis of Breast Cancer According To 8th AJCC Staging, Alexander Lim Zhang You
(2015) Survival trends of women with premenoupausal breast cancer: impact of early detection and treatment, Nanhini Thevi Bhoo Pathy
(2015) Validation of the 9-item shared decision making questionnaire (SDM -Q-9) in breast cancerpatients making treatment decision, BairaveA/P Sambagam @Shunnmugam
(2015) Prevalence of putative predisposition genes in Malaysian high risk familial breast cancer patients, Ng Pei Sze
(2015) Determinants Of Adherence To Therapies Among Malaysian Women With Breast Cancer: MyBCC Cohort, Cheng Mao Li
(2015) Comparative Study Of Prognostic Factors and Outcome Between Invasive Lobular Cancer And Invasive Ductal Cancer ie. Breast Cancer in UMMC, Nur Allaiyna Ferdaus Kamudin
(2015) Breast conserving therapy versus mastectomy in premenopausal breast cancer patients in an Asian setting, Siamala A/P Sinnadurai
(2015) A longitudinal study of complementery and alternative medicine use and association with medicine use and association with quality of life among breast cancer patients in tertiary hospital, Aina farhana Binti Zulkipli
(2014) An investigation of the relationship between volumetric breast density and anthropometric parameters such as body mass index (BMI), body fat mass, waist-hip ratio, age and ethnicity, Norhasnah Binti Zakariyah
(2014) The Practice Of Breast Conserving Surgery In Centres With Different Levels Of Breast Cancer Care, Wong Wei Jin
(2014) A double blinded randomised controlled trial of bupivacaine versus diclofenac wound infiltration for post-operative pain relief in open thyroid or parathyroid surgery, Loh Jing Wen
(2014) Germline APOBEC3B deletion and breast cancer risk in an Asian multi-ethnic cohort, Wen Wei Xiong
(2013) Treatment focused genetic testing. Is it too soon for Malaysia?, Rifhan Azwani Mazlan (University of Malaya (UM))
(2013) Patient Reported Outcome After Breast Cancer Surgery By Using Breast Q, Chua Seng Hui
(2013) Accuracy of preoperative ultrasound in detecting positive axillary lymph node in a breast cancer,in ummc, Jazree Jamaluddin
(2011) Effectiveness of Quilting Sutures on Seroma Formation in Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Mastectomy in University Malaya Medical Centre: A Randomized Controlled Study, Chong Hoong Weng
(2011) Breast-conserving surgery and factors affecting the rate of re-excision in UMMC., Wong Shu Shyan
(2011) Breast cancer delays and associated factors in Sarawak., Chea Chan Hooi
(2011) Steroid hormone receptors in breast cancer- a review, Sharminithevi Paramalingam
(2011) Survival analysis of BRCA predisposed breast cancer patients in UMMC, Nora Aziz
(2011) Pharmacokinetics, biologic activity and optimal biologic dose of Gamma tocotrienol, Puvaneswari Meganathan
(2010) Survival analysis of breast cancer patients based on histopathology subtypes for patients in UMMC from 1998 to 2002, Siti Nur Masyithah Ma'arof
(2009) Linguistic Validation of the Breast Q Questionnaire to Malay & Mandarin, Mohamed Rostam
(2009) Effectiveness of Quilting Sutures on Seroma Formation in Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Mastectomy in University Malaya Medical Centre: A Randomized Controlled Study, Choong Hoong Weng
(2009) Incidence of Chemotherapy-induced Ovarian Failure in Premenopausal Women Undergoing Chemotherapy: A Prospective Study in Hospital Tuanku Ja'afar, Seremban and Universiti Malaya Medical Center., Tiong Vun E
(2009) Lymph node ratio as a prognostic tool in breast cancer, Mohd Rezal
(2009) Sentinel lymph node biopsy in early breast cancer. A pilot study in UMMC, Gerald Francis Lopez
(2008) Breast Cancer in UMMC: Postmastectomy Recurrence and Survival, Lau Peng Choon
(2008) Axillary Management of Breast Cancer Patients in UMMC, Syakirah Shamsuddin
(2008) Outcome of Locally Advanced Breast Cancer in UMMC, Chong Hoong Yin
(2008) Detecting Outliers and Influential Observations in Survival Model, Nor Akmal Md Noh
(2005) Locoregional failure among breast cancer patients in UMMC, Lau Peng Choong
(2005) Clinico-pathological features of breast cancer patients in UMMC, Pok Eng Hong
(2003) Clinical application of CA-153 in breast cancer patients in UMMC, Shanta Velaiutham
(2002) Back Propagation Neural Network For The Prognosis of Breast Cancer, Hazlina Hamdan
- (2016) MSURG -
- (2015) MSURG -
- (2014) MSURG -
- (2010) Program Sarjana Surgeri
- (2009) Program Sarjana Surgeri
- (2008) Program Sarjana Surgeri
- (2008) MSURG -
- (2007) Program Sarjana Surgeri
- (2006) MSURG -
- (2006) Ms(UM)
- (2006) MSURG -
- (2005) Ms(UM)
- (2004) Ms(UM)
- (2004) MSURG -
- (2004) Ms(UM)
- (2002) MSURG -
- (2001) MSURG -
- () MSURG -
- (2011) MBBS -
- (2011) Mbbs Phase 3b
- (2011) Mbbs Phase 3a
- (2006) Phase 2-Correlation Class
- (2006) Ijazah Sarjana Muda Sains Kejururawatan
- (2005) Phase 2-Correlation Class
- (2005) Phase 3a-Clinical Teaching in Klang
- (2005) Phase 2-Introductory Course to Clinical Years
- (2005) Ijazah Sarjana Muda Sains Kejururawatan
- (2004) Phase 3b-Clinical Teaching in Ummc
- (2004) Phase 3a-Clinical Teaching in Klang
- (2004) Ijazah Sarjana Muda Sains Kejururawatan
- (2004) Phase2 - Introductory Course to Clinical Years
- (2004) Phase 2-Correlation Class
- (2004) Introductory Course to Clinical Years
- (2003) Phase 3b-Clinical Teaching in Ummc
- (2001) Phase 3b-Clinical Teaching in Ummc
- (2006) MTEJ2102 - Clinical Sciences
- (2005) MTEJ3102 - Medical Sciences 1
- (2004) Diploma Lanjutan Kejururawatan
- (2004) NURS2006 - Diploma Kejururawatan
- Making decision about your breast cancer treatment: A decision aid for women with early breast cancer (in Mandarin)Copyright (University)
- Making Decision about your breast cancer treatment: A decision aid for women with early breast cancer (in Tamil)Copyright (University)
- Making Decision about your breast cancer treatment: A decision aid for women with early breast cancer ( in Bahasa)Copyright (University)
- Making Decision about your breast cancer treatment: A decision aid for women with early breast cancerCopyright (University)
- Kanser Payudara - Panduan & MaklumatCopyright (University)
- Breast Cancer - Navigation & InformationCopyright (University)
- Breast Cancer - Navigation & Information (in Mandarin)Copyright (University)
- Information and Navigation of Patients Undergoing Treatments in UMMC, Medical Devices & Medical Supplies, Copyright (Researcher)
- Patient Decision Aid for Early Breast Cancer (English,Malay and Mandarin), Medical Devices & Medical Supplies, Copyright (Researcher)
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ACTIVITIES
- Webinar: Latest Research On Cancer Prevention & Control in Asia (Invited Speaker), (30 Aug 2022 - 30 Aug 2022) (International)
- Workshop On Access to Affordable Treatment in Malaysia (Invited Speaker), (05 Jul 2022 - 06 Jul 2022) (National)
- High-Risk Lesions: Challenging Issues for Surgeons (Webinar Panelist), (07 May 2022 - 07 May 2022) (International)
- Oncology Summit: Meeting The Promise of Cancer Care in Malaysia (Invited Speaker), (29 Apr 2022 - 29 Apr 2022) (National)
- Vice President, Together Against Cancer, (01 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022) (National)
- 21st Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies Congress & 28th Congress of The Perinatal Society of Malaysia (Invited Speaker), (25 Aug 2022 - 28 Aug 2022) (International)
- Community Outreach Programme At 3w Carnival, Taman Rakyat, Taman Sri Andalas, Klang, (29 Feb 2020 - 29 Feb 2020)
- Tac Public Forum. Nothing Without Us, (17 Nov 2019 - 17 Nov 2019)
- Community Outreach Programme At Dewan Serbaguna Mpsj, Laman Puteri 3, Bandar Puteri, Puchong, (12 Oct 2019 - 12 Oct 2019)
- Bcra Open Day "I Have Been Touched", (28 Oct 2018 - 28 Oct 2018)
- 5th Ummc Public Forum Genes and Cancer Chairperson, (28 Oct 2018 - 28 Oct 2018)
- Together Against Cancer Vice Chairperson, (09 Oct 2018 - 01 Aug 2020)
- Sinar Baru Reben Merah Jambu, Majalah 3, Tv3, (01 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)
- 4th Public Forum and UM Community Breast Cancer Awareness: Show You Care, Be Aware, (01 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)
- Avon Kiss Goodbye to Breast Cancer Campaign 2017, Rm 100,000 to Fund Poor Patients in Ummc. Lead Clinician., (30 May 2017 - 31 May 2018)
- Traxxfm: Talking With Prof Nur Aishah Ummc About Breast Cancer in Malaysia, (09 Oct 2017 - 09 Oct 2017)
- The Cancer Care Working Group, Galen Centre Health and Social Policy, (01 Dec 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)
- Roundtable Discussion Saving Lives Through Better Access to Cancer Treatment in Malaysia Kuala Lumpur, 24 November 2017, (24 Nov 2017 - 29 Dec 2018)
- 3rd Public Forum :Victory in Unity, (01 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016)
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Teaching: History Taking for Breast Diseases, (27 Jun 2016 - 31 Dec 2018)
- Committee, Together Against Cancer. An Advocacy Group That Communicates Matters Important to Cancer Patients., (13 Aug 2015 - 09 Oct 2018)
- Committee Member, (01 Jan 2015 - 01 Apr 2018)
- Committee Member "Together Against Cancer", (13 Aug 2015 - 09 Oct 2018)
- Information and Navigation of Breast Cancer Treatments in Ummc (Maklumat dan Panduan Until Rawatan Kanser Payudara Di Ppum) (English, Malay and Mandarin Languages), (24 Sep 2015 - 31 Dec 2018)
- 2nd Breast Cancer Public Forum: Living Well With Breast Cancer, (01 Oct 2015 - 31 Oct 2015)
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Community Education: Clinical Breast Examination Youtube Video 47k Views, (24 Oct 2015 - 31 Dec 2018)
- Advisor to Peer Support Group: Candy Girls Ummc, (01 Oct 2014 - 31 Dec 2018)
- 1st Breast Cancer Public Forum: Thriving Through Hope and Healing, (01 Oct 2014 - 31 Oct 2014)
- Ahli Jawatankuasa Induk Pemangkin Nurani Ppum, (22 Jul 2013)
- Promosi Kesihatan Wanita: Tema 'Power Womens Against Cncer'At Dewan Perumahan Pegawai Kanan Pdrm Desa Aman 2, (11 May 2013 - 11 May 2013)
- Clinical Resource Person, Breast Cancer Welfare Association, (18 Jul 2010)
- Chairperson, Give Life a Chance Concert. Funding Ummc Breast Cancer Treatment Fund, "Tabung Kebajikan Pesakit", (06 Mar 2010)
- Breast Cancer Public Awareness (Rtm-Fitrah Kasih), (30 Apr 2009 - 30 Apr 2009)
- Excellence in Breast Cancer Therapy and Support Conference, (10 Aug 2008 - 12 Aug 2018)