UM EXPERT came into the picture to resolve the issues highlighted during the process of updating UM's lecturers CV on the UM Website in early 2007.
|Objective of UMEXPERT
The primary objective of UM EXPERT are as stated below:
- To help capture accurate info of UM's Academic staff at source. Hence every lecturer will be able to update their own academics related activities via the internet.
- To establish a complete database of University of Malaya's Academic Profile complementary to those available in MOHE's Malim Sarjana repository.
- To provide one reliable source of info to generate University of Malaya Lecturer's Curriculum Vitae (CV). All lecturer's CV viewable from the UM Website, will be generated from this system.
|UMEXPERT Project Summary
- Phase 1(2007): UM EXPERT provides containers for selected personal data, areas of specialization, publications, areas of research and other relevant info to display UM's Lecturers CV.
- Phase 2(2007) of the project enabled lecturers to record info relating to consultation project , award/recognition, intellectual property rights, keynote address / invited speaker and expert linkages.
- Further Development of UM EXPERT (2008 and beyond) :
- Develop and display multitude of statistics for public viewing.
- Introduction of new module on Research Outputs for Research University purposes.
- Introduction of Research Gallery to market UM's research activities on the UM Website.
- Introduction of functions and fields that caters for the capturing of information related to Academic Promotion Exercises.
- UM Expert now have a bigger aim, that is to provide a standard and managed platform for UM Researchers to introduce and promote their research work and ultimately aimed to promote UM as a Research University.
UMEXPERT & WORKFLOW Management System Unit
Collaborative & Communicative Applications Division
Pusat Teknologi Maklumat
University of Malaya
50603 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2246 3289/ 3265
For Comments & Suggestions please also E-mail to email@example.com