Student Powered e-Collaboration Transforming UM (SPECTRUM)/ UM e-Learning
Spectrum is UM' web-based Course Management System (CMS) . The application is fully integrated with our existing Single Sign On(CAS) and Student Information System (iSIS).
To access Spectrum go to http://spectrum.um.edu.my
UM academicians :: use UMMail Username & Password
UM Students :: use Siswa Mail Username & Password.
Interesting features of Spectrum include ::
- Discussion Forum
- Files download
- Online Quiz/Survey
- Assignment submission
- Turnitin - plagiarism-detection service
For training purpose, contact ADeC : firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support, contact PTM : email@example.com
Integration of ResearcherID with UMExpert for lecturer's bibliometric data - 19 Oct 2010
1. UMEXPERT is now integrated with ResearcherID.com
2. The objective is to read real-time bibliometric data from Web of Science
(click here to see sample)
for all UM lecturers
3. The bibliometric data will help enhance our Academics Research Reputation
4. For those who has not confirmed the ResearcherID.com account registration, please kindly
5. ISI publications have been uploaded by UMExpert Team, please click on Suggested Publications
button in ResearcherID to select and add uploaded publications into your profile to get
6. Click here to view Statistics of UM Academic Staff in ResearcherID by Faculty
Web of Science Publication Incentives
ATTENTION To UM Academics: Auto Registration of RESEARCHER ID @ ResearcherID.com
This is to inform that Our UMEXpert/RefJournal team is now working with Thomson Reuters to integrate UMExpert with ResearcherID.
Please refer to related messages from our VC
We aim to integrate our UMEXPERT's Academic CV/biodata page with relevant data from the ResearchID database vice versa.
Thus, as of 14/5/2010, we have auto registered all our Academic Staff with Thomson Reuter's ResearcherID.
All Academic Staff will receive an email from ResearcherID.com to confirm their registration.
All Academic staff are required to CONFIRM ResearcherID registration and ADD the uploaded publications into respective profile by logging into http://researcherid.com using the username and password provided in the email.
(For step by step guide on RESEARCHER ID account confirmation, please click here.)
Notes: If logging in via Internet Explorer is not successful, please use MOZILLA FIREFOX
If you have any questions about this feature, please contact Global Customer Support (http://scientific.thomson.com/support/).To contact the administrator at University of Malaya directly, you may do so through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 New Functions in UMEXPERT (To fit the requirement of RU Audit,KPI & Promotions)
1. UPLOAD DOCUMENT facility for every module.
2. ALL UPLOADED Document will be Verified by HOD/UPUM/UMCIC/IPPP/Library